The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Never been a fan of fakes, clones, or wannabes. Yes the Shadow 2 is quite pricey but it's one of CZs high end pistols and this Turkish wannabe just looks like a Kmart version. I rather save my pennys to get the real thing.
    To each, his own. I've owned a clone or two over the years. Don't think any have stayed long term, but some of them were damn fine weapons.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    To each, his own. I've owned a clone or two over the years. Don't think any have stayed long term, but some of them were damn fine weapons.
    Very true to each their own. Just throwing my two cents out there and that and $2 will get a two dallar bill.
    Never owned a clone but glad some of yours turned out to be damn fine weapons.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Never been a fan of fakes, clones, or wannabes. Yes the Shadow 2 is quite pricey but it's one of CZs high end pistols and this Turkish wannabe just looks like a Kmart version. I rather save my pennys to get the real thing.

The one clone that I really regret letting go was the Armalite AR24K. It was a compact 75B clone that was very, very well built. It was heavy and both slide and frame were forged. That would have been a great one to have in the collection but I let it go for something, not sure what any more.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    5fab1cf147d79.image.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morning folks! :coffee:

The one clone that I really regret letting go was the Armalite AR24K. It was a compact 75B clone that was very, very well built. It was heavy and both slide and frame were forged. That would have been a great one to have in the collection but I let it go for something, not sure what any more.

Those weren't actually made by Armalite? Heard of them, not sure I have ever seen one person?

EDIT: Amazing what five seconds of internet searching will tell you...

The ArmaLite AR-24 series were semi-automatic 9mm handguns, imported into the U.S. by Mark Westrom's incarnation of the ArmaLite brand during the mid-2000's. It was a re-branded Sarsılmaz Kılınç 2000, a Turkish made CZ 75 clone based on Tanfoglio's design improvements over the original CZ 75.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I had a Sarsilmaz once before. Was a damn fine gun. Double stack .45 with a rail. K2? I don’t remember what they called it. I Cerakoted it Orange and sold it to Barry. Was a damn good shooter! Good quality too.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's interesting in old gun collecting that the most popular guns of an era are often the hardest to find and command the highest prices. Winchester made more 1873s in 44-40 than any other caliber, but try to find one in decent shape, it's hard. These were working guns going west and I suspect most just wore out and hit the scrap pile while those chambered in less popular calibers set in closets. Colt conversions were very popular after the civil war and were made up to and beyond the introduction of the SAA in 1873 as they were much less expensive, now nearly all are gone, probably just worked to death.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Those weren't actually made by Armalite? Heard of them, not sure I have ever seen one person?

EDIT: Amazing what five seconds of internet searching will tell you...

The ArmaLite AR-24 series were semi-automatic 9mm handguns, imported into the U.S. by Mark Westrom's incarnation of the ArmaLite brand during the mid-2000's. It was a re-branded Sarsılmaz Kılınç 2000, a Turkish made CZ 75 clone based on Tanfoglio's design improvements over the original CZ 75.

Yup, Turkish made. That pistol is what sold me on the ability of the Turks to produce a top notch gun. Internally, there were several improvements over the CZ design. Primarily, in how the trigger bar is lifted.

I saw this a couple of minutes ago and it has me pondering getting another

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/915838674

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yup, Turkish made. That pistol is what sold me on the ability of the Turks to produce a top notch gun. Internally, there were several improvements over the CZ design. Primarily, in how the trigger bar is lifted.

I saw this a couple of minutes ago and it has me pondering getting another

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/915838674
    I fully support this decision. :cool:

This day must end in a "Y" as those are the only days that this thread costs someone money.

Even thought its just a consideration for you, I think you can make note that this one was t-doggs fault. :-)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a Sarsilmaz once before. Was a damn fine gun. Double stack .45 with a rail. K2? I don’t remember what they called it. I Cerakoted it Orange and sold it to Barry. Was a damn good shooter! Good quality too.

You sold that to me, then I sold it back to you again. It was a great gun. Also, a great big gun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It's interesting in old gun collecting that the most popular guns of an era are often the hardest to find and command the highest prices. Winchester made more 1873s in 44-40 than any other caliber, but try to find one in decent shape, it's hard. These were working guns going west and I suspect most just wore out and hit the scrap pile while those chambered in less popular calibers set in closets. Colt conversions were very popular after the civil war and were made up to and beyond the introduction of the SAA in 1873 as they were much less expensive, now nearly all are gone, probably just worked to death.
    One of my favorite guns is a maple stocked Ohio Long Rifle - probably 1850's -kinda a short version of a Kentucky long rifle. The gun stock has wear at the grip from years and years of regular use and the internals are just flat wore out.

I always imagine some Ohioian feeding his family with the gun until it was worn out and then got his fancy repeater after the civil war.

Don't know but that's my story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom