The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The girls VCR is out too. One of those DVD combo units from 30yr ago. Can't watch the old school Disney films Kate had. (She has a ton of the old white box films)

@gmcttr or @T-DOGG could one of you fine chaps drop me a pic of the bottom of your protektor bag? Curiouser if it will attach without the clamp. Their website isn't very helpful.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The girls VCR is out too. One of those DVD combo units from 30yr ago. Can't watch the old school Disney films Kate had. (She has a ton of the old white box films)

@gmcttr or @T-DOGG could one of you fine chaps drop me a pic of the bottom of your protektor bag? Curiouser if it will attach without the clamp. Their website isn't very helpful.

A bag for your new front rest?

Photos were texted to RR.

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

c444df6385db50b1dd70bb2048964bd2.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Heard back from Howa about using 5.56 in the .223 mini action.

The 5.56 NATO and the .223 are NOT the same. Always use the exact ammunition that is stamped on your firearm, and the Howa rifles are only stamped for 223 Remington. Do not use 5.56 NATO in your Howa. The 5.56 bullet is set deeper in the throat than the .223, the 5.56 NATO cartridge has steeper shoulders than the .223, and the 5.56 NATO was designed to cycle automatic rifles with hotter powder and primers. The net result is that if you run 5.56 NATO in your Howa .223, you will erode the throat of your chamber very quickly and destroy your rifles accuracy. This will not be covered as a warrantable issue, and your warranty from the factory will be void. Thank you.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

The 5.56 NATO and the .223 are NOT the same. Always use the exact ammunition that is stamped on your firearm, and the Howa rifles are only stamped for 223 Remington. Do not use 5.56 NATO in your Howa. The 5.56 bullet is set deeper in the throat than the .223, the 5.56 NATO cartridge has steeper shoulders than the .223, and the 5.56 NATO was designed to cycle automatic rifles with hotter powder and primers. The net result is that if you run 5.56 NATO in your Howa .223, you will erode the throat of your chamber very quickly and destroy your rifles accuracy. This will not be covered as a warrantable issue, and your warranty from the factory will be void. Thank you.
    Certainly no mincing of words from Howa.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I guess that settles that. At least they don't beat around the bush.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Straight from the horse's mouth. However, if you have a CZ 527 in .223, have at it.

Owning a CZ 527 in .223, I'm curious about this. I know CZ says 5.56 is OK, but if the dimensional differences in the 2 cartridges has this effect on the Howa barrels, then why wouldn't it on the CZ? I understand free-bore-to-rifling can be cut different, but the chamber has to fit one or the other, no?

Or does it? I havn't shot much, if any 5.56 out of mine.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Owning a CZ 527 in .223, I'm curious about this. I know CZ says 5.56 is OK, but if the dimensional differences in the 2 cartridges has this effect on the Howa barrels, then why wouldn't it on the CZ? I understand free-bore-to-rifling can be cut different, but the chamber has to fit one or the other, no?

Or does it? I havn't shot much, if any 5.56 out of mine.

That is why the AR's that shoot both (*Wylde barrels*) say "Multi" on the side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom