The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Definitely. My opinion of that place drops the more time I spend there. There are some good folks, but they are heavily outnumbered by snobs and elitists. God forbid you try and do anything on a budget.

Although I've been spending a lot this time around, my whole life has been about getting the most out of what I could afford. I've been able to move up in equipment the last couple of years but still not willing to go all in with a benchrest rifle. TOO many $$$ for what I would get out of it. I'm having fun attempting to squeeze all I can out of what I have now. Same old same old.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've looked at the RimX too but, like you, came to my senses pretty quick also. Both are very nice though.
    Just as soon as I start buying lottery tickets and get a winner:

red_v22s_target_rifle-600x400.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Please tell us about this marvelous weaponry !
    Those are Colt repros of the 1860 army with a stock that Colt marketed to the government for cavalry outfits during the civil war. A good deal as the guns alone sell for an average of 6-700 each, and I never have seen a stock for sale but I do know that copies were manufactured by Dixie at one time.

History on these things goes back to the dragoon days, but they were never popular. US cavalry troopers at the time figured an extra pistol weighed the same as the stock so what was of more use. Maybe the cased set of two reflects this. Sam's people were always looking for something new to sell.

I've always been intrigued by the look of the gun carried by Lee Van Cleef's character, Col. Mortimer in the movie For a Few Dollars More. His was a top strap Colt 1873 that used cartridges so we would be talking SBR, the cap and ball version does away with that issue. It seemed a good fit as I may have the Colt Lightning used in that movie.

Colt made conversions like the Richards from the 1860 that used cartridges, I'll quiz the ATF about the legality of those as an original conversion is something on my list to get. I did see a S&W model 3 with a stock a while back that I bid on, being pre 1898 I don't know if NFA covers those or not.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Those actions look very nice but sure are salty. I do really like those Vudoo's but I don't have a need for one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom