The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been taking care of #2 son, but the wood splitter has to run today so he'll have to sleep through the noise if he needs to. I need to rearrange the pile and get it recovered before it rains. Also have some logs that need brought up to the house. We are all grateful that he didn't have covid which would throw a wrench into work I have waiting after the holidays.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

493519b9823bf353206de78bc23593e6.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CKW is cooking up a Hoosier style "Xmas" breakfast for the entire crew. After we consume the feast, it will be time to let the terrorists have at the presents under the tree that have put stars in their eyes.

I hope all of you are going to enjoy this day.
    And tomorrow. Let us not forget what all this is about.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you guys/gals didn't catch this thread ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/anybody-a-big-fan-of-the-40.515535/ ), read BBI's post from post #38 and on.

Some of the most insightful commentary on self-defense caliber selections that I've read since the last time BBI commented on self defense calibers.

I’ve been following that thread and he makes some good points. I like .40 but I don’t feel under protected by 9mm when I carry that. I’ve been a big fan of .40 for a while and that is as much due to the versatility of the round when reloading as it does the utility of it for SD.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I’ve been following that thread and he makes some good points. I like .40 but I don’t feel under protected by 9mm when I carry that. I’ve been a big fan of .40 for a while and that is as much due to the versatility of the round when reloading as it does the utility of it for SD.
    We all know 357 mag is the answer. :cool:

I have carried 38 spc wadcutters in a Model 60 for decades and always felt comfortable with its ability though I have since (mostly) gravitated toward 9mm. Not so much because of the round but the platform in which it is carried. i.e. SigP365, CZ PCR.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    As have I. I've always liked .40. Never found it "too snappy", even in polymer frames.

There are some real considerations in that thread. All in all, be proficient with what you have.

I get into the same argument with hunters. ".357?,you need a .44 for knockdown power!". To which I usually reply: "Don't need knockdown power (whatever that is) if I have good shot placement. A 158gr JSP does wonders to a deer heart.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    We all know 357 mag is the answer. :cool:

I have carried 38 spc wadcutters in a Model 60 for decades and always felt comfortable with its ability though I have since (mostly) gravitated toward 9mm. Not so much because of the round but the platform in which it is carried. i.e. SigP365, CZ PCR.
    I have a M60 thats had Talons in it for a few years. Used to carry it all the time til I got the XDs 45 then switched my edc to it. Now I'm moving towards the P365xl because of size, ammo capacity and the dbl action. I really am liking the 1 up and hammer down concept.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have a M60 thats had Talons in it for a few years. Used to carry it all the time til I got the XDs 45 then switched my edc to it. Now I'm moving towards the P365xl because of size, ammo capacity and the dbl action. I really am liking the 1 up and hammer down.

A belt fed .357 will complete my soul. I know that's not real, but a man can dream.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I know what you meant, but an M60 LMG chambered in .357 may be the quickest path to enlightenment. I wouldn't not love it.
    I guess i shouldve spelled it out better. Model 60, Model 60-14 to be exact. I will agree with you a M60 LMG in .357mag would be a very quick path to enlightenment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom