The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Maiden voyage for reloads and the new AR were a success. 50 rounds of reloads through the Howa 223 and 60 rounds through the CM-1 Dissipator. Rang some steel at 300 yards with the AR. It was a great day, nice weather and relaxing. :cool:

20211213_105637.jpg

20211213_105710.jpg

20211213_122026.jpg

I think I like reloading, my worst 3-shot group at 100 yards was 0.632" and my best was 0.158". Now to fine tune the loads a bit more. This was fun. Like really truly fun. Seriously, I was smiling and talking to myself and everything. ;)

20211213_154259.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I went to chainsaw the downed trees on my trail. First cut and I stuck the bar. Two wedges and a second saw later I freed it. Got one section of trail cut and still need to roll/throw everything off. I will have to look at the other section of trail that is blocked again when I'm not worn out. I think it may be easier to re-route the trail.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And it took us HOW LONG to get you to try it???

Nice shooting.
    I'm pretty stubborn I guess.

There are homes for people like you…..
    Like an asylum? Sounds fun. Do they have popsicles?

Very nice Carlos! Looks like you had a successful day. Beautiful looking range BTW.
    Thanks. It is a very nice range. It's a smoking bargain at only $50 per year for a family membership.

I doubt anyone here is surprised by that. :)

Glad it worked out for you. It is fun to reload and see it all come together. Get to know your firearm and cartridges really well. What they do like, what they don't, etc...
    I like to have intelligent conversations? :dunno:

Or I just like a good laugh too.

Glad it all worked out, Spicey - now the articulation of dialing it all in comes.

You're gonna be a GrandMaster before too long.

Go Get 'Em.!!
    Now the real fun begins. :banana:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Maiden voyage for reloads and the new AR were a success. 50 rounds of reloads through the Howa 223 and 60 rounds through the CM-1 Dissipator. Rang some steel at 300 yards with the AR. It was a great day, nice weather and relaxing. :cool:

View attachment 171345

View attachment 171346

View attachment 171347

I think I like reloading, my worst 3-shot group at 100 yards was 0.632" and my best was 0.158". Now to fine tune the loads a bit more. This was fun. Like really truly fun. Seriously, I was smiling and talking to myself and everything. ;)

View attachment 171350

Damn fine shooting bud. #4 looks to be a good combo.

Mind sharing what brand scope caps you have there? Looking for a pair that flips all the way back. TIA

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks. It is a very nice range. It's a smoking bargain at only $50 per year for a family membership.

Now I'm committed to coming up sometime in the Spring or Summer to shoot with you. Wish we had something that nice and that inexpensive near me. Not that I don't have ranges close, just not that nice or inexpensive... ;)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thank you all for the prayers. I haven't heard from family on how he is doing. The problems with being 500+ miles from family is the communications lag. Even with cell phones today, it still seems like there is a communications lag.

Nice shooting T-dogg. I always enjoy the analysis you provide, and the targets. It gives me ideas on being better about my testing what I am doing.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Now I'm committed to coming up sometime in the Spring or Summer to shoot with you. Wish we had something that nice and that inexpensive near me. Not that I don't have ranges close, just not that nice or inexpensive... ;)
    That does look like a nice range.

I like Proteq, I think Proteq is a nice range. I just wish it was closer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom