Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Good Luck MM. I hope your procedure goes well.

Three weeks ago I mowed the yard. Two weeks ago I went to check on my roses. I found the lower half of the roses was without leaves. I start dead heading some of the upper branches (?), when I see a bunch of hornets come up. I step away slowly. Then I spot it in the rose bush, a hornet's nest.

So I bought some Black Flag, waited till we got a cool night, and one morning when it was cool out, I took the can out there, and hosed it down.

That evening knocked down the nest, then ran it over with the mower, the stepped on it to make sure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Vortex 3x magnifier came in today. I’ve tried it out on several rifles and think that it will probably end up on my DD M4V1. Right now, it’s on the Bushy 11.5 pistol. Refurbs are a good way to try the 3x magnifier out.

Having tried it out, I’m happy that I didn’t drop $400 on one. It’s handy but I think that a quality 1-4x LPVO would work better for me. I have not shot it yet, so we’ll see. It will be fun to play with but it’s kind of awkward having it on the rifle, flipped out to the side. If I run it on my DD M4V1, I’ll probably have to lose the rear IBUS to make room and I’m not sure I want to do that.

I think that maybe I need to spend some time with Tarzan shooting it and get his take on the best way to set one up.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The Vortex 3x magnifier came in today. I’ve tried it out on several rifles and think that it will probably end up on my DD M4V1. Right now, it’s on the Bushy 11.5 pistol. Refurbs are a good way to try the 3x magnifier out.

Having tried it out, I’m happy that I didn’t drop $400 on one. It’s handy but I think that a quality 1-4x LPVO would work better for me. I have not shot it yet, so we’ll see. It will be fun to play with but it’s kind of awkward having it on the rifle, flipped out to the side. If I run it on my DD M4V1, I’ll probably have to lose the rear IBUS to make room and I’m not sure I want to do that.

I think that maybe I need to spend some time with Tarzan shooting it and get his take on the best way to set one up.
    Watch out, you may end up liking his setup and there is a possibility of spending more money. LOL
    ...possibility... LOL

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I've only owned a magnifier once. It was a Primary Arms unit however many years ago. I was not very impressed with the magnifier or the mount. I've never really spent much time behind one besides that brief endeavor.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Spent about an hour or so practicing positional shooting positions for Saturday's NRL22 match. I got a few things figured out on the various ladder rungs and feel more confident about that stage. Not feeling confident about the standing unsupported position though. And if there's a stage I'm gonna suck at, it will be that one. I'll practice it more tomorrow night.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    If I run it on my DD M4V1, I’ll probably have to lose the rear IBUS to make room and I’m not sure I want to do that.

The older model magnifier pictured, but it's doable. Tight, but doable. The MBUS pro allow you to move the sight as far back as possible sitting right above CH. I no longer have this setup, but ran it for several years. Really liked it. I'm just more into LPVO now.
    f87fecc9a544c2d562919a83119e5345.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have magnifier on an Eotech.
    It does as required

I’m running this one with an Eotech too. When flipped in, it’s pretty cool. The rest of the time, it’s kind of just hanging out there. It added 11 oz to the gun but I have not weighed an Eotech 512 yet to find the combo weight. The LVPO was around 25 oz, so it’s probably not adding much, if any weight.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hopefully MM stops by before long to fill us in on his adventures today. I’m really hoping the worst is behind him with this.

Many thanks to all of you who posted your good wishes, and prayers..... as mouse has often said, "I'm humbled".
    I'm giving credit to you for my good news. The doc only had to cut-out one polyp, and he was fairly certain that it was benign. He said that I'm clear for the next (5) years, before another colonoscopy is recommended. :alright:

I spent the late afternoon, and into the evening, catching-up on much needed sleep.
    My angel of a wife made me a light, bland meal when I woke, and I'm ready to get on with my life.

As a side note, the doc said that the Cologuard test becomes much less reliable on older people..... that it's reliability (and false positives) is severely impacted by the age of the person that is tested ! Of course, he said that they basically hide that data.
    A-holes ! I spent a year being extra-worried !!! :xmad:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Great news MM.

Rest up CM...I'm coming to visit tomorrow.

...I think that maybe I need to spend some time with Tarzan shooting it and get his take on the best way to set one up.

Don't forget the quick disconnect for those times you won't be using it much. Not sure where my new Micro3X will land. My current set up...

PXL_20210303_154914822 copy (Custom).jpg

And yes Mr. ATF man, that rifle does have a serial #. I did a good job photoshopping it out for the internet. :)

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Many thanks to all of you who posted your good wishes, and prayers..... as mouse has often said, "I'm humbled".
    I'm giving credit to you for my good news. The doc only had to cut-out one polyp, and he was fairly certain that it was benign. He said that I'm clear for the next (5) years, before another colonoscopy is recommended. :alright:

I spent the late afternoon, and into the evening, catching-up on much needed sleep.
    My angel of a wife made me a light, bland meal when I woke, and I'm ready to get on with my life.

As a side note, the doc said that the Cologuard test becomes much less reliable on older people..... that it's reliability (and false positives) is severely impacted by the age of the person that is tested ! Of course, he said that they basically hide that data.
    I feel for you brother. My Mom spent an entire winter into spring time completely freaked out because of that damn test. She was so pissed afterwards. It basically ruined the holidays for her also.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

Great news, glad it's over for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom