Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This. So very this. Just this mornings haul. Picked some "day 'er 2 early" ones as well. Pickle Lady and I are out to Cincy for a concert tomorrow. Wednesday will be salsafication.

Ever tried packing cooked chili? And how are you and Henri?
    5f494a408f553d8673a6f90cd6aedb21.jpg
    CKW has harvested a lot from our small raised garden. We just do cucumbers onions and maters. Garden salad stuff. I can not eat cucumbers any more due to the Ostomy bag. But the family is being well supplied and I have been killing me som e maters.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    CKW has harvested a lot from our small raised garden. We just do cucumbers onions and maters. Garden salad stuff. I can not eat cucumbers any more due to the Ostomy bag. But the family is being well supplied and I have been killing me som e maters.
    Nice. I basically grow items to make salsa and can pickles. We didn't plant zucchini here this year. Issues with vine borers so we skipped the squashes.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Nice. I basically grow items to make salsa and can pickles. We didn't plant zucchini here this year. Issues with vine borers so we skipped the squashes.
    I hate those borers. I plant tromboncino squash, it looks really weird, but tastes similar to zucchini. it is resistant to the squash vine borers.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The gardener makes lime pickles every year with some of the cucumbers.
    Love me some lime pickles. My gma used to make them and my cousins and I would eatm til we had belly aches. I can only find them at the "Dunkard Store" and they sell out quickly when they get them on the shelves.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The bag of maters you lovely wife gave me are gone already. They were delish :yesway:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lime is one of those things we keep around, it really doesn't go bad and has a lot of uses. I should add that slaked lime is what you use in food prep including nixtamalization.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    At the rate these guys are getting sick, it might just be you me and the wimmens sitting on the porch killing squirrels.

I know I'm not even on the list, but I do like sniping squirrels ... just saying. Plus, I have a celebrity 1911 that needs breaking in. I saved it from a life wearing pimp-style pearl grips. Yea, you know who you are ...

Standard 2.jpg

Standard 1.jpg

.:@ya:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Another Dr appointment tomorrow morning, gonna sort out this thing yet again. Prolly another Rona test.

I do have a Barry White voice, and my coughs are very deep with some release of "material".

I'll keep everyone posted for the results...
    Can you taste and smell?

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Love me some lime pickles. My gma used to make them and my cousins and I would eatm til we had belly aches. I can only find them at the "Dunkard Store" and they sell out quickly when they get them on the shelves.
    How are these lime pickles made? I keep hearing about them and would like to try them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom