Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    No tarp needed. My brass lands perfectly into a 10" diameter bucket. But I'm sure you'll put yours into an 8" bucket just to show me up. :(

Actually, the good brass will hit a 2.5"x5.5" container.

PXL_20210928_145131691 (Small).jpg
    Please, don’t encourage him to fine tune spent casing ejection patterns. Please don’t. Please. I beg of you.

I know how to do that without messing with the buffer or gas system.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Actually, the good brass will hit a 2.5"x5.5" container.

View attachment 160666

I know how to do that without messing with the buffer or gas system.

After spending ten minutes looking for ONE piece of brass yesterday, those seem like a good idea.

Had it been two or three pieces of federal brass, I would have just gone home. But one? That was like a challenge.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    FedEx must be partnered with USPS lately. I have a package that was originally due Sunday, then Monday and then today. It started in New Jersey, came to Ohio and is now up in Michigan. Showing due for delivery today, but still showing up in Michigan. Me thinks I'm not seeing it today either. :xmad:

Screenshot 2021-09-28 110856.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FedEx must be partnered with USPS lately. I have a package that was originally due Sunday, then Monday and then today. It started in New Jersey, came to Ohio and is now up in Michigan. Showing due for delivery today, but still showing up in Michigan. Me thinks I'm not seeing it today either. :xmad:

View attachment 160669
    I've read that they are doing some rerouting to avoid hubs and Fed ex locations that are buried due to labor shortages. Not sure if this is part of that or not. Expect this to get worse as we get into holiday shipping season.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

View attachment 160669
    I lived in Belleville, lol, decent town. Fedex has been horrible lately, more often than not they don't even try and just put up a 'pending' notice.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've read that they are doing some rerouting to avoid hubs and Fed ex locations that are buried due to labor shortages. Not sure if this is part of that or not. Expect this to get worse as we get into holiday shipping season.
    Where exactly did all these workers go, it's not like Fedex and UPS etc stopped shipping over the pandemic. I can understand the labor shortage in the restaurant industry as many just flat out shut down and people moved on.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Where exactly did all these workers go, it's not like Fedex and UPS etc stopped shipping over the pandemic. I can understand the labor shortage in the restaurant industry as many just flat out shut down and people moved on.
    I'm wondering that too. Where the heck did everyone go?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good afternoon in 6 minutes

My run to the chiro proved what I had thought for about 2/3 weeks.

My left leg was 1 inch shorter than my right. That's correct - a full inch. Explained all the pain I was going thru these past weeks. Good Lord, I could only walk like a block and hafta stop as the pain was so great.

I am icing now *in prep for the long run to Iowa this Friday* Lot'sa hamstring stretching and such.

Ain't it great to get old.?

Y'all have fun this weekend @ the shoot. Rick, I'll be in contact to have a little range time in the coming weeks.

Peace out

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm wondering that too. Where the heck did everyone go?

I think its a combination of people that figured how not to work during the shut down periods and haven't returned to the workforce, COVID restrictions still in place upsetting worker attendance and the fact we were at near full employment before all this. Couple that with worldwide pandemic issues and the ills of JIT inventory and, VIOLA, we have 2021...

That's my short answer IMHO....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Depending on what you do there is a cost involved with work. Things like transportation, day care, etc. add up. The government doesn't have to pay the full amount of your earnings, just enough to make up the difference. People can also get ahead by doing non taxed stuff under the radar.

The drug dealer on my road is 50 and has never worked, between everything he hustles out of the government and his various non taxed small business, he doesn't need to.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure, but they are short, still picking up additional work, and having to pay folks more than they did before, and all of that is causing impact. I'm guessing the factors raised by mcapo all come into play as well as folks who could take the opportunity to change their occupation to something they deemed better are doing so, plus additional load on transportation/shipping/logistics that has occurred.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not sure, but they are short, still picking up additional work, and having to pay folks more than they did before, and all of that is causing impact. I'm guessing the factors raised by mcapo all come into play as well as folks who could take the opportunity to change their occupation to something they deemed better are doing so, plus additional load on transportation/shipping/logistics that has occurred.

Surely the gov has turned off the spigot then, these jobs paid pretty good even before the current increase in pay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom