• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I OWB under a t-shirt most of the time. It's "concealed." But pretty obvious if you're someone who looks for people who are carrying. 99.9% of people have no idea. The ones that do notice, I really don't care anymore.

With the wide spacing of the belt loops on yours, I bet that it'll pull a bit tighter & be more concealed than the one that I bought ..... but I'm OK with that.
    I'm never out on business (retired ! ), and in fact, don't go out much in general these days. If mine prints a bit, and somebody notices .... I don't really care that much ! :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

BA is right about the CZ P07 mags. If it's a P07 Duty, it will take 75B mags as well as the P07 specific mags. The earlier P07 mags will not work in a P10C unless modified. The P10C has an ambidextrous mag release that requires a square notch in the upper mag body as opposed to the two smaller notches in the standard mags. There is a company that will modify P07 mags to work in a P10C though, but they charge about $7 per mag. Not a bad price actually, if you have a bunch of P07 mags and don't want to spend a bunch more money on P10C mags.

I'm not sure about the hammer issue. When you say that the hammer does not always hit the firing pin, is it falling to the half cock notch? P07s are pretty simple internally, so that should not be too difficult to figure out what the issue is. Do you know if the gun is completely stock? Could be that someone tried to do a polish job on it and got a bit too aggressive and maybe altered the timing. If that's the case, most P07 parts are fairly cheap and an over polished part should be cheap to replace with factory stock.

If you decide to upgrade, CGW has a nice package for that pistol. My 9mm P07 has the full CGW kit and is a really sweet shooter. I picked it up off of BA a couple of years back, and if you are familiar with any of BA's tuned guns, you can imagine how nice this is. But, if you do the upgrade route, pay attention to the size of the roller. There are two sized offered by CGW and you want the one that corresponds to the size in your gun. The factory rollers vary a great deal and having the wrong one can alter the timing a bit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I OWB under a t-shirt most of the time. It's "concealed." But pretty obvious if you're someone who looks for people who are carrying. 99.9% of people have no idea. The ones that do notice, I really don't care anymore.

I'm the same. I casually conceal and generally don't give a rat's ass if it prints unless I'm in a strict gun-unfriendly place.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

BA is right about the CZ P07 mags. If it's a P07 Duty, it will take 75B mags as well as the P07 specific mags. The earlier P07 mags will not work in a P10C unless modified. The P10C has an ambidextrous mag release that requires a square notch in the upper mag body as opposed to the two smaller notches in the standard mags. There is a company that will modify P07 mags to work in a P10C though, but they charge about $7 per mag. Not a bad price actually, if you have a bunch of P07 mags and don't want to spend a bunch more money on P10C mags.

I'm not sure about the hammer issue. When you say that the hammer does not always hit the firing pin, is it falling to the half cock notch? P07s are pretty simple internally, so that should not be too difficult to figure out what the issue is. Do you know if the gun is completely stock? Could be that someone tried to do a polish job on it and got a bit too aggressive and maybe altered the timing. If that's the case, most P07 parts are fairly cheap and an over polished part should be cheap to replace with factory stock.

If you decide to upgrade, CGW has a nice package for that pistol. My 9mm P07 has the full CGW kit and is a really sweet shooter. I picked it up off of BA a couple of years back, and if you are familiar with any of BA's tuned guns, you can imagine how nice this is. But, if you do the upgrade route, pay attention to the size of the roller. There are two sized offered by CGW and you want the one that corresponds to the size in your gun. The factory rollers vary a great deal and having the wrong one can alter the timing a bit.
    All very good info. I guess the bottom line is "what does he want for it?" For the right price it could be a steal. I can't imagine it being unfixable.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm the same. I casually conceal and generally don't give a rat's ass if it prints unless I'm in a strict gun-unfriendly place.

My challenge is what would probably be described as a business casual attire along with visits to non-CCW permitted locations during the week. On the weekends and non-business days - I have the same opinion as 88.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

I have not seen the gun in person yet. It is stock. It was bought new. Says he has to sometimes "wiggle the hammer" to get it to hit right. I think the price is right for it. My plan was to shoot it and see exactly what it is and then see about sending it back to CZ for repair. It is a gun I am considering "cajunizing"

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    All very good info. I guess the bottom line is "what does he want for it?" For the right price it could be a steal. I can't imagine it being unfixable.
    Its actually a co worker I've known for some time. We haven't hammered down an exact price but I know his starting point. Its not a screaming deal. But I believe its a fair deal and one I could break even on should I decide to sell it down the line.

I keep a list of guns I want. A p-07 is on that list.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My challenge is what would probably be described as a business casual attire along with visits to non-CCW permitted locations during the week. On the weekends and non-business days - I have the same opinion as 88.

My office is strictly non-gun, so I can't even think about carry there. That's one of the reasons that I try to work from home as much as I can.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My office is strictly non-gun, so I can't even think about carry there. That's one of the reasons that I try to work from home as much as I can.

Yep, same for me. When working from home I have a gun either on me or on the desk next to me. When I'm forced to go into the office, I can't carry anything. Like Tim said, one of the reasons I prefer working from home.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Maxpedition man bag. All I'm saying.

I can easily bring a gun in, I just choose not to. If by some chance the weapon was discovered, I'd not only be fired, but I'd likely never get another job in my chosen field. Too big of a risk, unfortunately. I'm hoping that at some point I can get a permanent work from home position so that I don't have to compromise my safety to provide for myself and my family.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a Tumi semi-rigid travel case (briefcase on wheels). A kydex paddle holster secures well in the divider section. Though I wouldn't take it into a restricted (policy or law) place either.

I do my darnedest to follow laws and rules. Maybe somedays I find speed limit laws "optional guidelines" - like when driving to Indy to buy a CZ...but if you drive the speed limit on 69, you might get ran over.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    When I upgrade my CZs, I usually take a stepped approach. I'll start with a reduced power trigger return spring, along with the replacement trigger pin. Next up will be the short reset kit from CGW (this is the one for the Phantom). After that, I'll add a race hammer and possibly the barrel bushing and maybe I'll change up the trigger itself.
    A couple of questions for you on this.
    The short reset kit - According to CGW you need to also get the reach reduction kit if using SRS-1 or SRS-2, but the Phantom uses SRS-3, does this mean that it doesn't need the RRK?
    Also the barrel bushing - Do you see a big difference with accuracy with this upgrade?
    Thanks!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I can easily bring a gun in, I just choose not to. If by some chance the weapon was discovered, I'd not only be fired, but I'd likely never get another job in my chosen field. Too big of a risk, unfortunately. I'm hoping that at some point I can get a permanent work from home position so that I don't have to compromise my safety to provide for myself and my family.

They have to discover it first. :cool:

An instructor once told me "Are they frisking you or making you walk through metal detectors? What's worth more, your life or your job, you can always find another job".

Just food for thought.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They have to discover it first. :cool:

An instructor once told me "Are they frisking you or making you walk through metal detectors? What's worth more, your life or your job, you can always find another job".

Just food for thought.

Yep, I get that. I've also read Mas and other experts recommend only carrying where allowed. I look at both sides and have made my decision to carry when I can, but that doesn't include the workplace since they prohibit it. I do have a gun in my car, but the walk from the parking lot to the building and back and my time in the building is without a firearm. It's a pretty safe area, all things considered, so I feel pretty confident I'm fine. I still prefer working from home where I don't have to be disarmed though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom