Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Some pistols have really made the rounds in this group. Hopefully, as this group continues to evolve over the years, the best of the pistols stay within our circle. Right now, 4 of my CZs were BA's at one point and 3 of those where worked on by the Wizard himself. I have no CM tuned 1911s though. Might need to fix that one of these days.

I believe I am up to 6 former BA/Wizard resurrections. I did have a CM 1911, but he took it back from me. Maybe some day he'll let me try again.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Now I want to try a P01. But I will wait.
    Honestly I want to try them all.

My P-01 is fast becoming my favorite pistol. The SP-01 Tactical is a close second. They both will be touched by the WIzard at some point soon. The P-01 will be first.

OYlsJOI.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This is from CZ's website:

Reliability: The U.S. Army “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF) requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols. During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired. This is a .05% failure rate or an MRBF of 2142! For many years, the P-01 carried an NSN engraved on its frame, making it the first NATO-spec pistol ever available to the public. Recently, the factory decided to upgrade the slide stop spring which in turn means the current models may or may not carry an NSN.
    This seems to be hit-or-miss. My Wizardized P-01 doesn't carry the NSN, but I've seen newer releases that do, and some that do not. I think it's kind of cool to have it on there as a bit of a badge CZ had to earn.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My P-01 is fast becoming my favorite pistol. The SP-01 Tactical is a close second. They both will be touched by the WIzard at some point soon. The P-01 will be first.

OYlsJOI.jpg
    Wow those grips look great. That's one thing about being a glock guy is that i dont get to use any VZ grips. Now I can put them on a CZ. But I want a set of wood too. And I like the rubber. Damn it I gotta buy more CZ pistols just to be able to have different grips :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Even though I shared these before, I'll share them again, because of all the P-01/SP-01 talk and because these were my favorites I ever owned. The P-01 was and still is my favorite CZ pistol out there. Mine had a custom cerakote color that looked grey in one light and blue in another, made it even better and the trigger was the bees knees.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Even though I shared these before, I'll share them again, because of all the P-01/SP-01 talk and because these were my favorites I ever owned. The P-01 was and still is my favorite CZ pistol out there. Mine had a custom cerakote color that looked grey in one light and blue in another, made it even better and the trigger was the bees knees.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Weren't you just saying you were looking for something new? Why not another P-01?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    From a great guy who is responsible for most of those great guns.
    /\ he's right ya'know

My first CZ (besides a cz52) (Israeli trade in CZ75 beat to hell cosmetically but cherry inside) all because BA not only recomended it but also linked me up with the seller online.
    - my first CZ (besides a cz52) I ever fired was BA's personal Wizard pimped RAMI and God was it sweet.

Does a CZ52 even count as a.CZ? ;)

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    /\ he's right ya'know

My first CZ (besides a cz52) (Israeli trade in CZ75 beat to hell cosmetically but cherry inside) all because BA not only recomended it but also linked me up with the seller online.
    - my first CZ (besides a cz52) I ever fired was BA's personal Wizard pimped RAMI and God was it sweet.

Does a CZ52 even count as a.CZ? ;)

I think a CZ 52 definitely qualifies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Weren't you just saying you were looking for something new? Why not another P-01?
    I was considering a PCR because I realize I wouldn't really need a rail and I remember the P01 being sometimes difficult to re-holster because of the square nose, where the PCR looks to be a little more tapered in that area.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is quite true.

The 500 round suggestion was more an open ploy to encourage doddg to put in more trigger time before jumping ship.

500 rounds for a lot of us is just an average range trip!!!

1. I just stumbled on this comment about encouraging doddg, and since I am he I would like to add:
    When I went to the range today, I put about 300 rounds through.
    When I went to the range the day before, on Thursday, I put about 200 rounds through.
    When I went to the rangb the the day before that on Wednesday, I put about 300 rounds through.
    I went to the range Monday and Tuesday as, well.
    So, I'm putting between 1000 - 1500 rounds through every week, going every day (except on weekends) nearly since I was able to limp to the car after surgery. :laugh:
    When school starts, I'll have to cut back to 1 or 2 times per week.
    My defense rests. :popcorn:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom