Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a p01. I'm thinking my wife might actually shoot me if I do it within a month.
    Same here. I just bought an FNS the other day. My wife reminded me this morning I have a CC that needs paid off.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm trying to resist the urge to buy a p01. I'm thinking my wife might actually shoot me if I do it within a month.

1. I've been quick to remind the wife that I have one for sale when I buy another.
    2. I think she's getting the idea that my "trimming" was just a deflection to update my guns. :laugh:
    3. It didn't start out that way, but my old .22 addiction (acquired 2 more in past 3 weeks), and the new CZ acquisitions are not helping my "trimming" goals, maybe more like "updating." :dunno:
    4. Wife thinks I've gone berserk in my old age, while the guys here think I need a bigger safe to hold more guns. :lmfao:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    yeah you got yours a hell of a lot cheaper.

(Speaking in general not to croy)
    Most people dont know how the heck to price their stuff. They think they can buy a new gun for 500 and sell it in a week for either 550 or 500 or they may feel generous and come all the way down to 480 LOL.

I'm not touching it for more than 400 and it better be mint (Im not mentioning a particular brand or model on purpose).
    Everyone mostly overprices their stuff selling and most people buying want it for nothing (less than 300). People who have their stuff priced right sell it unless it's a speciality item. If you have a mainstream handgun that isnt selling, heres your sign

I think when people are pricing out a gun to sell they try to take in account the total price they paid. (Tax, shipping, transfer, etc.) CZ’s are a totally different animal if they have been thru the CGW/Wizard process as they are well worth the price premium.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    CZ’s are a totally different animal if they have been thru the CGW/Wizard process as they are well worth the price premium.

To the right market, who wants the gun modified in a particular way (i.e Cajunized or worked over by the wizard, etc). The unwashed masses may not recognize that or someone who is in the know may want a different package, etc... or it might just be a 40 S&W and in that case, well only 88 wants it

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    To the right market, who wants the gun modified in a particular way (i.e Cajunized or worked over by the wizard, etc). The unwashed masses may not recognize that or someone who is in the know may want a different package, etc... or it might just be a 40 S&W and in that case, well only 88 wants it

I wonder how many Pro Packages the Wizard installs versus any other ones. It’s fun to watch the unwashed run a Cajunized CZ vs a Non-Cajunized CZ. Unfortunately 88 will have to run my P-07 with the Kadet kit installed till his shoulder heals.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Areoflyer09 just bought a CZ in 40 caliber!

Have you considered the possibility that both are correct?

2. :rofl:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wonder how many Pro Packages the Wizard installs versus any other ones. It’s fun to watch the unwashed run a Cajunized CZ vs a Non-Cajunized CZ. Unfortunately 88 will have to run my P-07 with the Kadet kit installed till his shoulder heals.

To be clear, I, myself, would be one of those unwashed masses when it comes to CZ's so I might have to volunteer to be a guinea pig for this one day. Personally, and I know this is a bit of blasphemy, but while I'd be interested in checking out a Shadow, the P10 is the one I'd like to test out. I'm all striker fired these days with the exception of one piece in the safe that I only keep for nostalgia purposes, and I've heard good things about the P10's.

And yes, 88 will need to heal up to much beyond the conversion kit, though he'll probably be able to outshoot everyone here with the weak hand... but we'll see how many he buys in the interim anyway :ingo:

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    To be clear, I, myself, would be one of those unwashed masses when it comes to CZ's so I might have to volunteer to be a guinea pig for this one day. Personally, and I know this is a bit of blasphemy, but while I'd be interested in checking out a Shadow, the P10 is the one I'd like to test out. I'm all striker fired these days with the exception of one piece in the safe that I only keep for nostalgia purposes, and I've heard good things about the P10's.

And yes, 88 will need to heal up to much beyond the conversion kit, though he'll probably be able to outshoot everyone here with the weak hand... but we'll see how many he buys in the interim anyway :ingo:

I have both, Cajunized and Un-Cajunized. You are more than welcome to come up and give them a try...And yes, the P-10 is a great platform. I don't own one yet....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think when people are pricing out a gun to sell they try to take in account the total price they paid. (Tax, shipping, transfer, etc.) CZ’s are a totally different animal if they have been thru the CGW/Wizard process as they are well worth the price premium.
    Yep people dont realize the money they instantly lose when buying a gun. Like buying a car and driving it off the lot.
    I would Gladly pay more for a piece the Wizard actualy worked on if I could verify that. It's a no brainer. I need to get mine up there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I do like my .40s :)

I've been putting a lot of rounds through my P07 .40 with the Kadet kit on it. That's a really fun shooter and has helped the left handed shooting immeasurably.

I put another 214 rounds down range this morning. I did 20 with both hands to see what I could do with the Mk IV now that it has a F/O front sight that I can actually see. The rest were lefty only and I'm happy with where I'm at. The left hand grouping is not as tight as my normal shooting but it's all within an easy COM hit, so I'm calling it good. The last 50 were with the second P10C that has the HBI trigger. What a sweet shooter that is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great range trip this morning. Got to shoot Tim's MIV with the FO sights and it was sweet. Got my new sights on my P10c and like them really well.

Not sure where you're located, but if you want to meet at the Greenwood Point Blank sometime, I'd be happy to let you run either of my P10c's. They both have HBI triggers installed and are nice shooters. I'll also bring my wizardized 75 compact for you to drool over... :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom