doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    What does this group think of the Beretta 92/M9 ? I've held one but never fired one. I have a person offering an M9A1 to me in trade. From what I remember the grip area is "chunky" and the sights aren't very good.

1. Loved the Beretta 92: wide grip and heavy!
    2. In fact, I want to buy the Beretta M9-22LR since I loved the 92 so much, even though it is made by Umarex: reviews are still good.
    3. I would love to have the Beretta 92 again in stainless steel, but I have gone down the road of CZ and apparently there is no return.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good grief, guys!
    You and this blasted thread. :rofl:
    Just bought another CZ and put it a separate thread:

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm 2-18rd MAGS Ambi Decock

pawnusagunbroker1 A+

Buy Now Price Was
    $456.78

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm up to over 2000 dry-fires with the Phantom. It keeps getting better and better. Night and day versus stock action.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Just saw an unfired NIB RAMI BD hit Arm$Li$t for a fair price. The idea of having a backup to mine is tempting, even though it is a chunky little fella to carry IWB. But I'm still holding out hope for going after a DW ECO.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Just saw an unfired NIB RAMI BD hit Arm$Li$t for a fair price. The idea of having a backup to mine is tempting, even though it is a chunky little fella to carry IWB. But I'm still holding out hope for going after a DW ECO.

You need to shoot my 9mm Valor commander. Not an ECO, but not much bigger.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    YES, yes I DO need to shoot that at some point!! I had a V-Bob in 45 some time ago, but for whatever reason I never really felt at home with it. Maybe it was the bobtail, I dunno. Any thoughts on the newer Vigil line? They have what looks to me like a rounded mainspring housing... not bobbed, but more of a subtly rounded butt vs. the sharper corner/edge on a traditional mainspring housing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

What is better than one RAMi? Two, of course!

Speaking of 1911's - had a gun store fondle session with a Les Baer SS Stinger. Pretty sweet! I left my wallet in the car...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What is better than one RAMi? Two, of course!

Speaking of 1911's - had a gun store fondle session with a Les Baer SS Stinger. Pretty sweet! I left my wallet in the car...

Leaving the wallet in the car was probably a wise move. A bit of distance from the wallet while gun fondling can mean the difference in my sleeping in my bed and my sleeping on the couch.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

I just came into Iowa (Grinnell exit on I-80 .. my hometown is Oskaloosa just 20 miles south) heading for Des Moines.

I stopped @ Brownells just off I-80 and what did I hold in my hand and dry fire?? a SS 9mm Dan Wesson Valor Commander.!!

This is tooooooo weird..!!

BTW : that trigger....mamma.!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Leaving the wallet in the car was probably a wise move. A bit of distance from the wallet while gun fondling can mean the difference in my sleeping in my bed and my sleeping on the couch.

If I were trying to keep up with you guys, it would mean the difference in sleeping in my bed vs in a van down by the river... :spend:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    YES, yes I DO need to shoot that at some point!! I had a V-Bob in 45 some time ago, but for whatever reason I never really felt at home with it. Maybe it was the bobtail, I dunno. Any thoughts on the newer Vigil line? They have what looks to me like a rounded mainspring housing... not bobbed, but more of a subtly rounded butt vs. the sharper corner/edge on a traditional mainspring housing.

I always liked the look of a bobtail, but never liked them in the hand. I haven't seen the Vigil in person, but I like the way it looks. The rounded MSH is a nice touch.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finally got around to sending a repair request to CZ for the P10C. Got the label about 3 hours later and I'll drop it at FedEx before the end of next week. When sending a gun back, do you guys use the factory box or a different one? From CZ's email, it almost sounds like they are expecting a different box. I don't know if I want to chance losing my factory box if it goes to them and comes back with a different one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom