The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm glad you have something to throw yourself into. It is very therapeutic, I'm sure.

In the moments I have time yes it is.
    Getting to the range will be a challenge. My phone has exploded with this hot weather. We did a project last Saturday that took 2 days to prep for. We are setting a unit on a building (roof) on Saturday. Measuring up an attic for duct upgrades Saturday afternoon. Sunday we are setting a new A/C system in a buddy's rental property. There are 3 more bids out there as well. Thank goodness I have a support group to help with the spouse.

I believe this will be the last summer I work at this level. I need to wind down. Seriously do.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Getting to the range will be a challenge. My phone has exploded with this hot weather. We did a project last Saturday that took 2 days to prep for. We are setting a unit on a building (roof) on Saturday. Measuring up an attic for duct upgrades Saturday afternoon. Sunday we are setting a new A/C system in a buddy's rental property. There are 3 more bids out there as well. Thank goodness I have a support group to help with the spouse.

I believe this will be the last summer I work at this level. I need to wind down. Seriously do.

Don't wear yourself down too much.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Balance is a challenge. My grandfather stopped working six days a week when he was 92.

Hoping this 10mm test comes with another video...remember, we are living vicariously through you!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Balance is a challenge. My grandfather stopped working six days a week when he was 92.

Hoping this 10mm test comes with another video...remember, we are living vicariously through you!

I have always been driven. To what is the question. When we put ourselves out there things tend to come our way. When opportunity knocks it is hard not to answer.
    This is getting harder to deal with especially with the spouse having issues. Dependent on her outcome I will finish up what it in the "Q" and see where this goes.
    Of course that drastic of a life style change will mean less extra's.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have a good friend who is (I am guessing) in the same business as you. He keeps talking about winding down and/or only managing the business and not working the jobs. I think its been a ten year conversation with him. HA!

Do hope the Mrs. is steadily progressing.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have always been driven. To what is the question. When we put ourselves out there things tend to come our way. When opportunity knocks it is hard not to answer.
    This is getting harder to deal with especially with the spouse having issues. Dependent on her outcome I will finish up what it in the "Q" and see where this goes.
    Of course that drastic of a life style change will mean less extra's.

1. Very real-life issues that only the driven can identify with! :ugh:
    2. The spouse situation is always mostly unexpected and a life-changer b/c it always happens "too early."
    3. My best friend since 17 yrs. old had to quite working F.T. to be available for his wife (alzheimers), and just does some property management now (was only 62 at the time, now 65).
    4. I have always worked 2 jobs, and look back and don't know how I did the pace when younger: didn't slow down the physical work until nearly 50, b/c I got summer school and evening school.
    5. I get the "less extras." I don't want to give up being "rich" which means having the house paid off (only has been a very few yrs.) .
    6. At retirement seminars they always say, "Everyone can do the math and retire the first couple of yrs, it is 7-10 yrs. down the road when inflation has made everything double (or more) that you realize you should have worked another year(s) or reduced your lifestyle first to make sure you can do it.
    7. I just bought a 13 yr. old home that has the original HVAC in it and when I found out that is the work you do, I hoped that when this Carrier system gives out, perhaps you would be available. My last Carrier system was a $9600 Heat Pump system that I got for $6500 (rebates from Carrier and government) that actually did reduce my gas bill down from $142/mo. to only $50/mo., and electric bill actually went down $20/mo.: got to love technology (last unit was a Heil: 35 yrs. old).
    8. Thanks for sharing your life with us, guns are fun and important, but the people behind them is what I like to know. :coffee:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    that actually did reduce my gas bill down from $142/mo. to only $50/mo., and electric bill actually went down $20/mo.

I don't even remember what my utility bills were last month...

I did replace my 70 year old furnace recently. Gas bill didn't go down much but the electric sure did. I tried to trade CM a couple classic SW 1911's and a Glock for the job but he broke out in a rash, started bleeding and ran away.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I got new insurance on my cars, which reduced my monthly payments $75 per month. Then switched homeowners online without really paying attention and they charged for the full year, even though it was just paid by escrow a few months ago. Bottom line is that I'm now paying close to $50 more per month on my mortgage... :ugh:

The only benefit is that there was a lump sum paid out to me that I used on other bills, so the extra I pay per month is almost like a loan payment :n00b:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    That brings up a question I have, Tom...

What are people paying for the firearm riders on their policy? Not asking anyone to publicly disclose coverage amounts but what is your cost to coverage ratio? i.e. $100/per year premium on $100,000 covered is a 0.001% coverage cost ratio.

I ask as mine is going up more than I like...so is the jewelry rider. Same company for 32 years - zero claims. We do not live in a expensive home or high loss area.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Unfortunately, I don't have a rider for my firearms at this time, just the free policy through the NRA, which doesn't cover nearly enough. That's something I need to get sorted out soon, as I'm taking more of a risk than I'm comfortable with currently.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't even remember what my utility bills were last month...

I did replace my 70 year old furnace recently. Gas bill didn't go down much but the electric sure did. I tried to trade CM a couple classic SW 1911's and a Glock for the job but he broke out in a rash, started bleeding and ran away.

1. Does it surprise you that I know exactly what my budget bill was for utilities? :lmfao:
    2. Loved the humor. You don't want to hear this (my son never does :laugh:), but that sounds exactly like something I would say! ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK Greg....just for you my friend......2011 is together and waiting for rounds in the chamber.
    iSTP3Hl.jpg

NN4upn6.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom