The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So far I am sticking with .22LR and 9mm. I keep hoping to free up enough funds to get a .22LR pistol to go with the rifles, and a CZ Scorpion to go with my handguns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While we are on a somewhat related topic: What does everyone store ammo in? I really need another safe or something but its really hard to justify that cost.

We have 2 Stackon double door locking cabinets for ammo. I put shelves in them and they work pretty well for this. Not trusting them to store firearms.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Mine is stored in a locked metal tool cabinet. Minimal security but enough to keep out kids and most smash and grabbers.

I've been thinking about that 'el cheap Gettsyburg 84 at Rural King ($800) for ammo and overflow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mine is stored in a locked metal tool cabinet. Minimal security but enough to keep out kids and most smash and grabbers.

I've been thinking about that 'el cheap Gettsyburg 84 at Rural King ($800) for ammo and overflow.

The stackons would be hard enough to get into. I have added some strength in strategic locations. The are stuffed full.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The ammo stays in the heated and air conditioned garage on shelves. I keep some in ammo cans, but most just stays in factory cases. My ammo supply out grew the ammo cans.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Quiet day in here today.

Overall, I've had to be very quiet over the last 36 hours. Yesterday, I fell through the ceiling of our garage while I was up in the attic. When it happens in the movies, and the actor's legs are dangling through the plaster, it makes for great drama, but when it happens to you..... it makes for great pain.

My wife is a nurse, and took today off to tend to me. I have a severely sprained ankle (can't walk), a deep hip contusion the size of a dessert plate, and numerous cuts and bruises.....and my shooting hand is wonky.

Oh well, I'll live .... but painfully for a while.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Overall, I've had to be very quiet over the last 36 hours. Yesterday, I fell through the ceiling of our garage while I was up in the attic. When it happens in the movies, and the actor's legs are dangling through the plaster, it makes for great drama, but when it happens to you..... it makes for great pain.

My wife is a nurse, and took today off to tend to me. I have a severely sprained ankle (can't walk), a deep hip contusion the size of a dessert plate, and numerous cuts and bruises.....and my shooting hand is wonky.

Easy there killer......Hope you mend quickly.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Glad you are more or less OK. There is absolutely nothing funny about what happened to you...well...maybe a little...I fell off a 3 story roof when I was 21. My wife enjoys telling the story more than I enjoy hearing it.

Hey, if that shooting hand stays "wonky" and you need someone to take care of the SW500 - I am here for you, buddy.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Glad you are more or less OK. There is absolutely nothing funny about what happened to you...well...maybe a little...I fell off a 3 story roof when I was 21. My wife enjoys telling the story more than I enjoy hearing it.

Hey, if that shooting hand stays "wonky" and you need someone to take care of the SW500 - I am here for you, buddy.

What a friend ! :):

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Sorry to hear about that but glad you will recover. I did always prefer crawlspace to attic.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This injury event has thrown off my already poor sleep habits. My wife slipped a tray with a thermos of coffee and donuts into the bedroom before she left for work.

I'm on my own today. Even with a walker, getting to the bathroom is a major event.
    I hate this, although it's my own fault for not setting up better lighting in the attic, and watching my step more closely.
    Poop ! :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom