The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like it was a fun day, minus a temporary pain with the 10mm. I wanted to get to the range and at least function check all the new stuff before the weekend, but it looks like I won't be able to. Everything dry fires nice!

Yup. The ultra tight in spec chamber on the new Clark barrel does not like some re-loads that will drop right into a factory offering.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And are better guns for it. Most consumers would never know the difference.

Truth. Most consumers cringe at spending any real money on their guns. I have folks ask me all the time about up-grades. You can see the pain in their faces when you start rattling off the prices just for the parts. There is a small group of dedicated people that keeps the aftermarket rolling.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Truth. Most consumers cringe at spending any real money on their guns. I have folks ask me all the time about up-grades. You can see the pain in their faces when you start rattling off the prices just for the parts. There is a small group of dedicated people that keeps the aftermarket rolling.

Oh yeah. But I'll $X in a $Y gun. I'll never be able to sell it and get my money back. If you are trying to get your money back, you are in the wrong hobby. And if your first thought is about selling it later, buy something else.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Looks like the weather is not going to be too friendly this Saturday...:xmad:

It will still be a good day. We've done the shoot in pouring rain and I still enjoyed every minute of it. It might change up what I bring along though. I'd love to bring the old IBM M1 Carbine but I don't want to let that one get soaked. Now, an DD M4 would be no worse for the weather. But, we'll have to see. This is Indiana and the only constant with the weather is it's ability to completely change from what was forecast just hours before.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It will still be a good day. We've done the shoot in pouring rain and I still enjoyed every minute of it. It might change up what I bring along though. I'd love to bring the old IBM M1 Carbine but I don't want to let that one get soaked. Now, an DD M4 would be no worse for the weather. But, we'll have to see. This is Indiana and the only constant with the weather is it's ability to completely change from what was forecast just hours before.

I agree with you on it will still be a good day. Henri might not go but I’m still trying to get her to change her mind. I have a new MK12 Mod 0 to run...I did sight it in, only ran 10 rounds and my last 3 rounds was 3/4 moa at 100 yards.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CZ experts. What do you think about the Shadow 2 vs. Tactical Sport models?

I never really understood paying the extra money for one of the marquee brand names when I know I'm going to gut it and make it better anyway. IMO you can take a plain Jane 75 and make it outrun one of those and be in it roughly the same.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I never really understood paying the extra money for one of the marquee brand names when I know I'm going to gut it and make it better anyway. IMO you can take a plain Jane 75 and make it outrun one of those and be in it roughly the same.

I'm like that with the Dan Wesson 1911s. I love the things but have trouble bonding with them because I have no personal connection to how good they are. Everything in a DW is already top notch, so there's no value to be had by modifying it except maybe to polish what's there. Still love the things though.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Oh yeah. But I'll $X in a $Y gun. I'll never be able to sell it and get my money back. If you are trying to get your money back, you are in the wrong hobby. And if your first thought is about selling it later, buy something else.

Exactly. This mindset is so limiting.
    Fully agree with you both. I knew full well when I had The Wizard do his Cajunization surgeries on the P-01 and 75B that I'd never get my $$ back out of either of those guns. Which was and still is OK, as I don't plan on letting either one out of my smallish collection anytime soon. I knew this ahead of time. CM, I think we've talked about this same thing with car projects/restorations too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Anyone ever read a book called 'Shop Class as SoulCraft'? It's along the lines of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' in that it talks about how we need to raise an appreciation of craftsmanship in our current culture. I would love to see the rise of the craftsman come about. There are some here on this thread that are true craftsman in the quality of the work that they produce, like CM's 1911s, BA's CZs and just about anything the Wizard touches. Craftsmanship needs to be appreciated and schools need to stop teaching kids that the trades are for the kids that can't cut it as a 'knowledge worker'. I would love to see the day when we re-establish the concept of apprenticeships and when kids can aspire to be a true craftsman again.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Anyone ever read a book called 'Shop Class as SoulCraft'? It's along the lines of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' in that it talks about how we need to raise an appreciation of craftsmanship in our current culture. I would love to see the rise of the craftsman come about. There are some here on this thread that are true craftsman in the quality of the work that they produce, like CM's 1911s, BA's CZs and just about anything the Wizard touches. Craftsmanship needs to be appreciated and schools need to stop teaching kids that the trades are for the kids that can't cut it as a 'knowledge worker'. I would love to see the day when we re-establish the concept of apprenticeships and when kids can aspire to be a true craftsman again.

I'm not familiar with the book but couldn't agree more with the idea. I remember Chip Foos saying that when we were kids, we wanted to build stuff. Now everybody just wants to buy stuff already done. Or something to that effect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom