The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Had a good range trip this morning. All three guns ran really well. The CGW trigger in the P10 is a winner. This, along with it's HBI triggered sibling will be at the SGE for anyone that wants to compare them. WTB was thinking that the reset on the HBI was shorter but I'm not sure. Once I have the HBI trigger in the current carry gun, I'll compare them. On the other hand, I have not adjusted the CGW trigger, so maybe it just needs cleaned up a bit. The Pinnacle trigger is good in the G30sf but it's still over priced for what it does. CGW and HGI give you an improved trigger shoe for $68 and $65 where as the Pinnacle was $180 for a new trigger shoe, connector and springs. There are a bunch of stock G***k parts that come with it but no where near $110 dollars worth. The Pinnacle kit should come in at under $80 for what they deliver. But, it does make the G30sf into a pretty decent shooter. WTB has an Apex trigger in his G23 that feels every bit as good and cost $60 less than the Pinnacle.

The Colt 9mm 1911 is really running well and with a stock part trigger job feels decent. The groups are impressive given how bad they used to be but that is all coming from a custom EGW bushing sized for the gun. It's reliable and is a really soft shooter, so I think I'm done putting money into that one until something breaks. It's not a carry gun, so reliability is not a concern for me so the MIM parts are good enough right now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had a good range trip this morning. All three guns ran really well. The CGW trigger in the P10 is a winner. This, along with it's HBI triggered sibling will be at the SGE for anyone that wants to compare them. WTB was thinking that the reset on the HBI was shorter but I'm not sure. Once I have the HBI trigger in the current carry gun, I'll compare them. On the other hand, I have not adjusted the CGW trigger, so maybe it just needs cleaned up a bit. The Pinnacle trigger is good in the G30sf but it's still over priced for what it does. CGW and HGI give you an improved trigger shoe for $68 and $65 where as the Pinnacle was $180 for a new trigger shoe, connector and springs. There are a bunch of stock G***k parts that come with it but no where near $110 dollars worth. The Pinnacle kit should come in at under $80 for what they deliver. But, it does make the G30sf into a pretty decent shooter. WTB has an Apex trigger in his G23 that feels every bit as good and cost $60 less than the Pinnacle.

The Colt 9mm 1911 is really running well and with a stock part trigger job feels decent. The groups are impressive given how bad they used to be but that is all coming from a custom EGW bushing sized for the gun. It's reliable and is a really soft shooter, so I think I'm done putting money into that one until something breaks. It's not a carry gun, so reliability is not a concern for me so the MIM parts are good enough right now.

Great range trip. It was nice being able to test the Colt, G***k and CZ to see the differences in the triggers. I really want a P10 even more now, with either of the trigger kits it's very nice.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I know I'm late, but CM, those legacy pieces are stunning, each one of them. I'm partial to stainless and think Paul totally scored, love that color combo with those grips! But each one is a beauty, and I'm sure they'll all be fantastic runners. Really cool!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Morning all.

What does everybody think of the SP01 Phantoms? I was handling one yesterday at the gun shop, and was really tempted to bring it home.
    Birds had one years ago that really left an impression on me.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The legacy's are all done. I need to run them as they have not been shot in current configuration.

This is the boys. His nickname has been Bubby since his younger sister started calling him BubBub as soon as she could talk. Rounded it off and that is what we call him to this day.
    HBQO56v.jpg

The daughter. Sissy. Yes that is an "S"....:):
    lJqZmIL.jpg

The SIL....
    BNBO9Ri.jpg

My oldest son. 1st marriage.
    1QT30my.jpg

Deserves a second look. I really like Manny's. Nice work, old man.:thumbsup::wwub:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The kids are all antsi to shoot them. They are aware I will be dead and buried when they get them. But they will be able to shoot them. Its a solid way to get them to the range with me...:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom