The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Spring is coming and everything seems to do better in the spring, including health. Sunshine is good for the soul.

I'm trying to get another gun put together for the SGE. This one is taking the best of two guns and moving the parts to the better frame. One interesting thing I noticed was that when I disassembled one of my pre-Bs, I realized that the floating trigger pin has snapped in half and only one side of it was left in the gun. The gun worked fine but that might explain why a gun that should have had a fantastic SA trigger was just pretty good.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

My last day of the three I took off, but it's been a good PTO so far. Looking forward to hitting the 1500 with a buddy of mine today.

Happy Birthday, WTB ! :woot:(almost missed it, but it isn't midnight yet ! )

I had no problems getting the truck where I needed it at the cabin. Thankfully, the ground was more 'spongy', than muddy. I've taken the first steps in getting it ready for the warm season, and made it back to Indy just before dark.

Good luck to CM, and all of the INGO participants at the 1500 show. Thanks for representing us at the booth. :yesway:

Thanks MM, glad to hear all went well at the cabin.

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday, WTB. Hope it was a great one.

Thanks BA. Had a great day relaxing with the wife.

KellyinAvon. He does the Friday thing. Helps set up. He enjoys it.

I've met him before, good people.

My guns will do their part. It's that guy behind the trigger that usually holds them back.

Yep, that's what I say about mine as well. Some days are better than others, thankfully :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning all... :coffee:

My last day of the three I took off, but it's been a good PTO so far. Looking forward to hitting the 1500 with a buddy of mine today.

Thanks MM, glad to hear all went well at the cabin.

Thanks BA. Had a great day relaxing with the wife.

I've met him before, good people.

Yep, that's what I say about mine as well. Some days are better than others, thankfully :)

We will be manning the booth. Stop by for the standard abuse...:):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't really care what happens to me at this point. What will be will be.

Hey there sailor. Bunch of us here DO care what happens to you. :yesway:And some of us haven't even met you. Been praying for things to improve for you and CM, among others. I'm sure you're weary of the struggle and accepting the inevitable is, i believe, sort of freeing. But, just so you know, we hope you don't give up any too soon. I hate losing friends I haven't had a chance to meet yet.
    :cheers::bat:
    Funny, how the internet has made that so possible. When we were young we needed a longtime pen pal and postage to be in that position.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hey there sailor. Bunch of us here DO care what happens to you. :yesway:And some of us haven't even met you. Been praying for things to improve for you and CM, among others. I'm sure you're weary of the struggle and accepting the inevitable is, i believe, sort of freeing. But, just so you know, we hope you don't give up any too soon. I hate losing friends I haven't had a chance to meet yet.
    :cheers::bat:
    Funny, how the internet has made that so possible. When we were young we needed a longtime pen pal and postage to be in that position.

I don't want to interject myself into a position that I haven't earned being the "new guy" lurking around but this thread has been a much needed distraction these past few months as my wife has been struggling with illness and life has thrown a couple other challenges our way this year. Everyone here deserves a Thank You! and a pat on the back for a great group of internet people.

My wife, on the other hand, would argue that you all have been a bad influence. Somehow I couldn't convince her of the wisdom in needing a CZ PCR and HAD to drive to Indy to buy because some anonymous person on the internet said it was nice platform; or that I had to buy tdogg's P10C because (well....I couldn't find a reason for that one...but I sure like that plastic pistol)....She also caught me when the HBI trigger showed up for the P10C. Her comment was something along the line of "Didn't you tell me how good the trigger was in the P10C from the factory". My response started with "Yea, but". It is a blessing and a curse to have a wife that possesses firearms knowledge!

Spent a little counter time with a couple Shadows yesterday and I'm thinking my next CZ is going to some variation. Or I'm going to buy a 1911 with an internal extractor so CM will be nice to me...kinda thinking DW Razorback in 10 mm?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't want to interject myself into a position that I haven't earned being the "new guy" lurking around but this thread has been a much needed distraction these past few months as my wife has been struggling with illness and life has thrown a couple other challenges our way this year. Everyone here deserves a Thank You! and a pat on the back for a great group of internet people.

My wife, on the other hand, would argue that you all have been a bad influence. Somehow I couldn't convince her of the wisdom in needing a CZ PCR and HAD to drive to Indy to buy because some anonymous person on the internet said it was nice platform; or that I had to buy tdogg's P10C because (well....I couldn't find a reason for that one...but I sure like that plastic pistol)....She also caught me when the HBI trigger showed up for the P10C. Her comment was something along the line of "Didn't you tell me how good the trigger was in the P10C from the factory". My response started with "Yea, but". It is a blessing and a curse to have a wife that possesses firearms knowledge!

Spent a little counter time with a couple Shadows yesterday and I'm thinking my next CZ is going to some variation. Or I'm going to buy a 1911 with an internal extractor so CM will be nice to me...kinda thinking DW Razorback in 10 mm?

Good choice. Also consider the new SA TRP in 10mm. Both are serious pieces.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good choice. Also consider the new SA TRP in 10mm. Both are serious pieces.

SA doesn’t make a non-railed version, do they?

Really prefer the aesthetics of the DW and this platform could provide the basis for a compensated custom inspired by someone you know…

I also have to tell you that we are raising one of our grandsons and now every time I look at him I’m beginning to consider utilizing your moniker of “terrorist“.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom