Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just got home from spending time with BA and the wizard.
    The spouse and I rolled north and met them at our regular watering hole.
    Part of #2 is in the Wizards hands. The rest will follow shortly.

Just a stellar day all around.

It was very good seeing you guys. We need to make a point of not allowing so much time to pass between get-togethers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

The initial take up is long but I'm not sure that can be fixed on a striker fired pistol. But, the take up is also pretty smooth. The reset is nice and short though. My biggest grip is the trigger shape. Shoot it a bunch and you feel it in your finger.

I felt it after 1 mag. Mainly because you mentioned it but I can see me not liking that after 3 or 4 mags.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    ok, czerious question: I have an SP-01 Tactical and a P-01... the P-01 has TFX Pros, the Tactical has stock CZ night sights... can i swap those sights from one to the other, or does putting those sights on the guns typically fubar them?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    ok, czerious question: I have an SP-01 Tactical and a P-01... the P-01 has TFX Pros, the Tactical has stock CZ night sights... can i swap those sights from one to the other, or does putting those sights on the guns typically fubar them?

Usually it's not a problem.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    that's what i was hoping would be the answer. Unfotunately the P-01 is getting sold. 100% underwhelmed with it. makes me super sad, i desperately wanted it, but i just dont shoot well with it...
    That's too bad. They are usually a good gun for many people.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

Yes, they will swap:D

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    that's what i was hoping would be the answer. Unfotunately the P-01 is getting sold. 100% underwhelmed with it. makes me super sad, i desperately wanted it, but i just dont shoot well with it...

I had the same problem. Loved my P-01 and after the Cajun lovin the wizard did to it, the trigger was sweet, but I never could shoot it as well as I'd hoped. Sold it and got a 75 Compact and it's ever sweeter and I shoot it very well... :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Before swapping sights, check the sight height. If I'm not mistaken, the compacts and full size guns use different height front sights. I think that I'm running full size sights on my SP01 Compact and the gun shoots about 3 inches high at 10 yards. I didn't realize there were different sets when I bought the sights for that one. The dovetails are the same, so if the heights match, you should be good to go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Still thinking about the P10c, was wondering about the take up? The Gray Guns flat trigger has very little take up in my one 320, a very nice shooter.psyko

The take up is on the long side, but is still probably less than the DA pull on a hammer fired CZ. The reset is nice and short though. For me, I like the long initial pull. It's smooth and is not steppy at all. When I dry fire my G23, even with the trigger work done, I can feel the FP safety being lifted. In the P10, I don't feel that. It's just a steady, consistently increasing pull to the wall. Then it breaks at right on 4 lbs. There's still a slight bit of creep when it hits the wall, but I'm guessing that will go away before too long.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Are those roll pins for the front sight reusable? or do they typically recommend getting new ones?
    Reusable, providing you use the proper roll pin punch for removal/install.
    Been a while :popcorn:
    :wavey:

Before swapping sights, check the sight height. If I'm not mistaken, the compacts and full size guns use different height front sights. I think that I'm running full size sights on my SP01 Compact and the gun shoots about 3 inches high at 10 yards. I didn't realize there were different sets when I bought the sights for that one. The dovetails are the same, so if the heights match, you should be good to go.
    I installed TFX Pros on both the SP-01 Tactical in 9mm and my P-01. Both guns shoot Point Of Aim at 7yds using 115gr or 124gr. I have no issues repeatedly hitting 6-8" steel with either of them at 25yds using the same sight picture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom