• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    P07 Kicks butt in Military Arms Channel Reliability Test...

[video=youtube;kn4Q3X1Jo6A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn4Q3X1Jo6A&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've been thinking about how to do a finish similar to the Delta Elite on a CZ Compact. The finish is a burnt bronze with brushed flats on the slide and stainless controls. To do this on a compact, I'd have to have the gun sent off to Robar for an NP3 type finish. Question for the Czickoos: If the entire frame would be Cerakoted, do I skip getting that plated and just send the slide and controls, or, is having the frame plated worth the extra hassle and expense of shipping the entire gun?

Rusty, can't do it ?????

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I love my P01. Then again, I also love my P07 and P10. And my SP01C. But, if I were to start selling CZs, my P01 would be one of the last to leave. For an EDC that's fun on the range, the P01 ranks up there with some of the best guns in the world.

Rusty, can't do it ?????

Rusty could, but he's in Ft Wayne and I'm south of Indy. Plus, I've had several guns done by Allen and he's given me no reason to look for a different Cerakote guy. Each one has been perfect. I've seen Rusty's work and it's top notch as well, and if AllenM ever decides to get out of the Cerakote business, Rusty will be worth the two hour drive to get it done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, the P07 video was pretty cool. I avoided those for quite some time, but picked one up last summer and was quite surprised at just how good it was. Nice to know that it's a solid duty pistol in addition to being a solid shooter.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I'm looking to find a CZ 70 to add to my collection. Any good bad or ugly to be aware of? Any spare parts to be on the look out for? For the price it looks like I can get a fairly decent one with a 80-90% finish for around 300 shipped and ffl'ed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So I'm looking to find a CZ 70 to add to my collection. Any good bad or ugly to be aware of? Any spare parts to be on the look out for? For the price it looks like I can get a fairly decent one with a 80-90% finish for around 300 shipped and ffl'ed.

I think the CZ forum has links for spring kits that will make the trigger a little more tolerable.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think the CZ forum has links for spring kits that will make the trigger a little more tolerable.

I'm on that forum as well albeit kinda dead in some spots, so figure see what the experts here had to say. I will have to dig over there to find some info on spring kits.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    A little in thread review on an inexpensive upgrade.

I've never cared for the factory phillips grip screws that come on most CZs.

I recently found a company called HB Industries, who I knew were making parts for the Scorpion. It turns out they also make CZ grip screws that use a torx bit, come in stainless steel (classic or black). I wanted the black ones, found here: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-pistol-torx-grip-screws-black-stainless/

They were $5.95 per pair, which include washers. Shipping was $3.50 and they are located in Arizona. I received them in 4 days time.

They fit perfect and look much nicer and I wanted to spread the word for anyone contemplating replacing their grip screws.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom