• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thinking about getting a new knife. I've carried a tiger stripe kershaw blur for 2 or 3 years now. While I am really happy with the knife, I'm just thinking about changing up my edc. I used to have a ZT 0350 that I loved. Don't really know why I got rid of it. I'd say it is the front runner right now. Anybody have any suggestions in the $150ish or under range?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thinking about getting a new knife. I've carried a tiger stripe kershaw blur for 2 or 3 years now. While I am really happy with the knife, I'm just thinking about changing up my edc. I used to have a ZT 0350 that I loved. Don't really know why I got rid of it. I'd say it is the front runner right now. Anybody have any suggestions in the $150ish or under range?

My tiger stripped ZT350 was a bit north of your budget and they no longer make them.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    My tiger stripped ZT350 was a bit north of your budget and they no longer make them.

I love the tiger stripe. Just a little flair. I love the 350 and the standard versions are about $140 I think. Also looking at the new Griptilians. Seem to be an all around improvement from the older ones, but I have an appreciation for a larger knife. The 350 seems to strike the perfect balance for me of a big knife without being so big I won't actually carry it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love the tiger stripe. Just a little flair. I love the 350 and the standard versions are about $140 I think. Also looking at the new Griptilians. Seem to be an all around improvement from the older ones, but I have an appreciation for a larger knife. The 350 seems to strike the perfect balance for me of a big knife without being so big I won't actually carry it.

Mine is on my belt EDC. I also carry an auto.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

I really liked my ZT 0450. Not as big as you want but fit me very well. Currently carrying an Al Mar designed Kershaw 2335. Kind of a tooth pick, but handy and very stabby.
    Al Mar / Kershaw https://imgur.com/a/GKTRK

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That Kershaw is a good looking knife. I'm a fan of a lot of what Kershaw puts out. They are an excellent value.

Thanks. The look is definitely what made the sale.

Say, have y'all thought any more about which w/e you'd like to utilize in October? I'm planning on a week of vacation to bowhunt and I'd like to put the two events together.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been doing some fine tuning...:cool:

R5sovRp.jpg

Last edited:

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    There is a whole lot of really nice in that picture.

Yes there sure is.

Knife-wise I'm also a Kershaw/ZT fan, great value and performance. I tried a few and settled on a ZT 0562 as my edc. Put a little abrasive tape on it to help with draw, and it's smooth as buttah with a great blade. Also carry a Kershaw Brawler for work, where it takes a beating and stands up well.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hey CM... Saw a thread you started a while back about security cameras. Ever move forward with that or did other stuff get in the way? I only ask because where we moved has a lot of trouble with very petty crime and we are thinking of installing a system. There are a lot of options out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM... Saw a thread you started a while back about security cameras. Ever move forward with that or did other stuff get in the way? I only ask because where we moved has a lot of trouble with very petty crime and we are thinking of installing a system. There are a lot of options out there.

We built an 8'6" privacy fence.
    Seems to be the better option.
    The riff-raff that was causing all the issues has been removed from the area pretty much.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    We built an 8'6" privacy fence.
    Seems to be the better option.
    The riff-raff that was causing all the issues has been removed from the area pretty much.

Glad you got your issue resolved. Most of the issues in our neighborhood revolve around cars and stealing packages, so unfortunately a dense won't work. The kids (or whoever) did go around last night and open up the valves on a bunch of grills so they'd just keak all the propane.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom