• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Bradis does have a RAMI, but it's the decocker and from advice on here I think I want a manual safety model. It doesn't matter right now though, I won't be an IN resident for a few more weeks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just out of curiosity, why a safety over a decocker?

The things I've seen posted were that the safety model has a slightly better trigger. Considering both of my cajun babies are decocker models, I'd have to say the difference would likely be very small. Personally I dislike the CZ safeties to the point where I feel more comfortable with the decocker model. Just my :twocents:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The things I've seen posted were that the safety model has a slightly better trigger. Considering both of my cajun babies are decocker models, I'd have to say the difference would likely be very small. Personally I dislike the CZ safeties to the point where I feel more comfortable with the decocker model. Just my :twocents:

It may be true, and I have heard the same many times, but I think the difference wouldn't be enough to be noticed by most people.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just out of curiosity, why a safety over a decocker?

Only because I have heard the trigger is better. I generally dislike safeties on DA/SA guns, but as I understand the safety on the RAMI cannot be activated unless the hammer is fully cocked, which would alleviate my concerns with a safety.

Wtbrunette made a good point though. This gun will almost certainly be cajunized so the slightly trigger on the manual safety version probably won't matter much at all.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    It may be true, and I have heard the same many times, but I think the difference wouldn't be enough to be noticed by most people.

I guess I just got the impression that the difference in triggers was significant enough to be noticed. If that isn't really the case, and also considering there'll probably be work done on it anyway with the Cajun gun works parts, I generally prefer a decocker so I just may go that route.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I find the stock safety of the CZ difficult to engage/disengage reliably. It's not a huge deal since I don't carry any of my CZ's currently, but I would definitely not carry the safety version due to this problem. I haven't tried any holster drills with my P-01 with the decocker yet, but I plan to soon. If I don't have any problems firing with it in DA mode, I may start to carry it from time to time.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sound advice.

I am leaning towards another RO or a loaded eventually.
    Something in 9mm is not totally out of the realm either.
    I see your hint, but your old is showing. After a comment like that, I don't think you could handle mine as its in the ground pounding, plane stopping, Nazi killing manly caliber of 45 ACP. You and your purse should shop elsewhere.

:stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see your hint, but your old is showing. After a comment like that, I don't think you could handle mine as its in the ground pounding, plane stopping, Nazi killing manly caliber of 45 ACP. You and your purse should shop elsewhere.

:stickpoke:

And your time draws to a close very soon.....:bat:

Not just your RO man..........

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom