THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I've recently become a CZ fan. I currently have a P-10c with a Holosun EPS Carry 6 MOA green dot and most recently a P-01. Both are superb!

Have any of you had your slides milled for an optic, and if so any recommendations? I can shoot my stock P-01 pretty well at the moment but I'm getting old enough that the front sights on all my pistols are becoming increasing difficult to see clearly. Thus, my move to red dots. Honestly, I hate the idea of milling the slide of the P-01. It's such an aesthetically nice pistol stock but I'm considering adding a red dot to it as well.
    Late to the party again and just catching up (again) but plus 1 for AllenM. He milled one and Cerakoted the slide and it’s excellent, great guy.
    I have a P01 Tactical that he did, and I milled a PCR and an Omega. All with Romeo 1Pro or Eotech EFLX.
    The slide is too narrow for a RMR bolt pattern without a plate on it, I believe. But RMR’s do look good on them too.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    You don’t like good triggers, and you don’t like good sights, do you even shoot bro?
    It's a little thing called masochism, some just take it differently than others.
    I kid I kid.
    I could use either but in my experience if I'm trying to get more out of a gun a red dot is usually pretty high on the list if I can justify cost/ease of application. However I can't see myself ever putting a red dot on the SP-01 Shadow I just got but I could for my P-10C maybe or future plans for a Cajunized P-07.
    edit: definitely a fan of the CGW parts over stock.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    It's a little thing called masochism, some just take it differently than others.
    I kid I kid.
    I could use either but in my experience if I'm trying to get more out of a gun a red dot is usually pretty high on the list if I can justify cost/ease of application. However I can't see myself ever putting a red dot on the SP-01 Shadow I just got but I could for my P-10C maybe or future plans for a P-07.
    I’m kinda nuts about dots now. I have two kinds of pistols, ones with dots and ones without dots that must have some kind of sentimental value to be kept. Like my first 1911 that I learned is not even a 1911 because it’s a Sig, or my old friend Harry’s g***k, or BA’s Blue, among others.

ETA I get that the dot is an acquired taste but I can’t understand the trigger thing. It’s ok, just stating I don’t understand it.
    Oh well, it takes all kinds, I’m just glad to be one of them.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    You don’t like good triggers, and you don’t like good sights, do you even shoot bro?
    I don’t like overly light triggers with no wall. Big difference in that and what I call a good trigger. Seen more than a handful of negligent double taps by people and their cajunized triggers. I know a big part is on them but I do fault the trigger to some degree in those instances as well. I’ve always viewed the triggers as a shortcut to a nice broken in trigger. Fiber optic front and blacked out rear are the only sights I need. I have a bad astigmatism and red dots are horrible for me lol. And they are ugly as sin. Keep them on ugly polymer guns. I will admit I have enjoyed a Holosun at times on the tx22 and the sig 322. I just don’t like them on 9mm for whatever reason and shoot them poorly compared to my typical iron setup.

You’ll have to define shoot. I don’t do competitions at all but do like to punch holes on paper. I hope that still counts as shooting.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don’t like overly light triggers with no wall. Big difference in that and what I call a good trigger. Seen more than a handful of negligent double taps by people and their cajunized triggers. I know a big part is on them but I do fault the trigger to some degree in those instances as well. I’ve always viewed the triggers as a shortcut to a nice broken in trigger. Fiber optic front and blacked out rear are the only sights I need. I have a bad astigmatism and red dots are horrible for me lol. And they are ugly as sin. Keep them on ugly polymer guns. I will admit I have enjoyed a Holosun at times on the tx22 and the sig 322. I just don’t like them on 9mm for whatever reason and shoot them poorly compared to my typical iron setup.

You’ll have to define shoot. I don’t do competitions at all but do like to punch holes on paper. I hope that still counts as shooting.
    To each their own, but it kinda seems like you're taking a shot at the majority in this group with some of those statements.

Let's clarify some things:

Negligent discharge is 100% on the shooter.

"Cajunized" is generic and does not equal the same trigger pull for each gun. Different levels of Cajun Gun Works parts that will change a trigger from mild to wild, especially when you get into hammer springs and race hammers with shorter hooks. And that does not include the work performed by an individual on the gun. No two CZ's will have the same kind of trigger pull, even with same parts installed. Stacking tolerances is a thing.

I get that you like what you like, but let's try and do better about not insulting us while you give your viewpoint. I'll assume that wasn't your intention, but it seems to be coming across that way.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    To each their own, but it kinda seems like you're taking a shot at the majority in this group with some of those statements.

Let's clarify some things:

Negligent discharge is 100% on the shooter.

"Cajunized" is generic and does not equal the same trigger pull for each gun. Different levels of Cajun Gun Works parts that will change a trigger from mild to wild, especially when you get into hammer springs and race hammers with shorter hooks. And that does not include the work performed by an individual on the gun. No two CZ's will have the same kind of trigger pull, even with same parts installed. Stacking tolerances is a thing.

I get that you like what you like, but let's try and do better about not insulting us while you give your viewpoint. I'll assume that wasn't your intention, but it seems to be coming across that way.
    No shots taken at all or intent to insult in the least! The joy of the hobby is liking what you like and that we all have our tastes. I feel this is the one forum and specifically thread where opinions are respected and valued and it’s ok to disagree with the masses.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I'm on the fence regarding red dots. I want to like them but still have not built the skill to be good enough with them for carry.

I tend to stray from the group here regarding triggers. Sure, I love a good Cajunized trigger, but still appreciate a well broken in stock trigger, too. I won't carry with an overly light trigger.

I recently heard a quote that said something to the effect of 'If everyone is thinking the same, then there's not much thinking going on'. Viva 'l difference.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I don’t like overly light triggers with no wall. Big difference in that and what I call a good trigger. Seen more than a handful of negligent double taps by people and their cajunized triggers.
    Good explanation, good logic.
    I have definitely unintentionally discharged my Tactical, for me it comes from switching guns and trying to go fast without warning up with the gun.
    I know a big part is on them but I do fault the trigger to some degree in those instances as well. I’ve always viewed the triggers as a shortcut to a nice broken in trigger. Fiber optic front and blacked out rear are the only sights I need. I have a bad astigmatism and red dots are horrible for me lol. And they are ugly as sin. Keep them on ugly polymer guns. I will admit I have enjoyed a Holosun at times on the tx22 and the sig 322. I just don’t like them on 9mm for whatever reason and shoot them poorly compared to my typical iron setup.

It all counts!

I too appreciate this forum as a place to be able to agree to disagree, and learn from it all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom