THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm sure that everyoone is tiring of my 'old man' problems ..... and I don't blame you.
    It is wearing. I was in a doctors office yesterday, a dentist office yesterday (long visit), and another doctor's office today !
    So .... all that I'm going to report from now on is: I'm still alive ! :alright:

Here's another photo from last weekend. Dang, with the upcoming weather system next week, I'll have to go back and drain the water system.

3H4A2608%20copy-X2.jpg

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I finally got the Ruger 10/22 back out to shoot today. It’s been years. Way too many years. It shoots surprisingly well for a mostly stock rifle. But today it didn’t do as well as I remembered. I think I was the limiting factor for the rifle. I forgot to take my rest and was shooting off of the cheap bi-pod. Also, the guy on the bench next to me was shooting a 300 Win Mag with a loudenator on it. That made me double up on the hearing protection and I was having a hard time getting a good sight picture through the scope with my ear muffs on. SK Target did ok. CCI Stingers also gave some decent groups for not being match ammo. All 5 shot groups at 25 yards. Decent but not good enough to nail the 10 ring on score cards at 50 yards. I need to give it another go with a better rest and sight picture next time. I was hitting just low and left of POA.
    1698360118998.jpeg
    1698360255831.jpeg

The rifle started as a Ruger SR-22, the 10/22 that came in an AR style stock with a 16”, 3/4” semi-bull barrel. I hated that stock and swapped it out for a Tactical Solutions laminated thumb hole stock that showed up in the classifieds. What ticked me off on the AR style stock is that Ruger made an extra top cover to the stock that the scope mounted to. So every time I wanted to take the action out of the stock to clean it, I had to remove the scope and top cover. That’s part of why it got shot so little. I also changed the stock birdcage flash hider for one I found at a gun show, just because it looks better. But otherwise it’s a stock action and barrel.

1698360813634.jpeg

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm sure that everyoone is tiring of my 'old man' problems ..... and I don't blame you.
    It is wearing. I was in a doctors office yesterday, a dentist office yesterday (long visit), and another doctor's office today !
    So .... all that I'm going to report from now on is: I'm still alive ! :alright:

Here's another photo from last weekend. Dang, with the upcoming weather system next week, I'll have to go back and drain the water system.

3H4A2608%20copy-X2.jpg
    I have been wondering how your dental troubles were going...

Looks like next week is going to be a big shift in weather.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    And I’m pleased to announce, The Wizard will be her new caretaker.

BA left her to me to me to take care of for awhile. I think he wanted her to see some of Texas.
    I’m gonna let her tear up Packindy’s plate rack this weekend, then she is going home to the Wizard.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Dangit .... I can't find WT's phone#, and I know that it was in my contacts ..... he just visited a couple of months ago.
    I hope that someone can call him, and check on him ..... seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom