The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I got my February 2024 American Rifleman in the mail yesterday and enjoyed reading through it with a hot cup of coffee :coffee:

They reviewed both the new Kimber KDS9 and the MAC 9 DS (Tisas 2011). The MAC 9 DS looks like a lot of gun and performance for the price. I’d be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of it with the Prodigy. I’m less impressed with the Kimber after reading the review. Sharper than expected recoil (for a 1911 style 9mm) and not enough texture according to the review. He specifically compared and shot the Kimber KDS9 next to a Wilson EDC X9 and a Dan Wesson TCP

“Wanting to have a better sense of what I thought I was feeling, I grabbed the KDS9c, a Wilson EDC X9 and a Dan Wesson TCP. I backed off to about 22 yards from a 12"x21" steel target and launched several magazines each of 124-grain Blazer in pairs just to get a sense of comparative muzzle rise and feel of the recoil. There was a noticeable difference between the Kimber and the Wilson and another difference between those two and the similarly sized/weighted TCP, which is a noticeably mild-shooting pistol. The Kimber carries most similarly to my [redacted] 48 slimline, so I shot the two of them side by side, and the KDS9c shot a notch or two softer.”

1705856873596.jpeg
    1705856909122.jpeg
    Credit: review was by Justin Dyal for American Rifleman

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I got my February 2024 American Rifleman in the mail yesterday and enjoyed reading through it with a hot cup of coffee :coffee:

They reviewed both the new Kimber KDS9 and the MAC 9 DS (Tisas 2011). The MAC 9 DS looks like a lot of gun and performance for the price. I’d be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of it with the Prodigy. I’m less impressed with the Kimber after reading the review. Sharper than expected recoil (for a 1911 style 9mm) and not enough texture according to the review. He specifically compared and shot the Kimber KDS9 next to a Wilson EDC X9 and a Dan Wesson TCP

“Wanting to have a better sense of what I thought I was feeling, I grabbed the KDS9c, a Wilson EDC X9 and a Dan Wesson TCP. I backed off to about 22 yards from a 12"x21" steel target and launched several magazines each of 124-grain Blazer in pairs just to get a sense of comparative muzzle rise and feel of the recoil. There was a noticeable difference between the Kimber and the Wilson and another difference between those two and the similarly sized/weighted TCP, which is a noticeably mild-shooting pistol. The Kimber carries most similarly to my [redacted] 48 slimline, so I shot the two of them side by side, and the KDS9c shot a notch or two softer.”

View attachment 327268
    View attachment 327269
    Kimber must not be spending enough money with that rag. Usually they can't say enough good about whatever crosses the bench.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

View attachment 327268
    View attachment 327269
    It should also be noted the MAC 9 is 11 oz heavier. (I keep thinking of a machine pistol when I hear MAC).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It should also be noted the MAC 9 is 11 oz heavier. (I keep thinking of a machine pistol when I hear MAC).
    It should also be noted (because I am avoiding office work) of the following weights with an empty mag and a red dot optic.

CZ SP-01 (with some slide lightening cuts): 40 ounces

DWXc: 31 ounces

BUL SAS II Tac: 32 ounces

P226 Legion: 36 ounces

CZ Tac Sport: 47 ounces

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    It should also be noted (because I am avoiding office work) of the following weights with an empty mag and a red dot optic.

Apples to apples? alloy fame PCR 27.5 oz (no optic) still 2 oz heavier than the Kimber.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Apples to apples? alloy fame PCR 27.5 oz still 2 oz heavier than the Kimber.

DWXc is probably a pretty straight comparison from a market segment perspective.

But.

Once again.

The PCR shows that it, along with a P01 remain the standard bearer for all that is good.

1705871113508.jpeg

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Normally I would just like this. But I love it because I, too, am avoiding office work.
    Insurance audit numbers were due 3 months ago and I told them they could wait until after I got my EOY info in. I guess it's EOY now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom