The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder, would MAPP gas be more likely to work better?
    The issue is with the propane bottles in the winter is the low temperature affecting the pressure in the bottle. I'm not sure about MAPP gas, only passing familiarity of it's use in cutting/welding torches.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Daughter and I had a nice little day. Stopped at the library, had a good lunch at Chick-Fil-A and played arcade games at Crazy Pins.

We technically went to the library for her, she's a serious book reader, me not so much. I did see a book that caught my eye, so we checked it out and I'll give it a read.

View attachment 326022View attachment 326023
    Have you ever read "Shop Class as Soulcraft"? It should be a must-read for pretty much everyone. It's about a guy that finds fulfillment by leaving a high paying corporate gig and starting a motorcycle repair shop

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Have you ever read "Shop Class as Soulcraft"? It should be a must-read for pretty much everyone. It's about a guy that finds fulfillment by leaving a high paying corporate gig and starting a motorcycle repair shop
    I have not read that one. One time I read the air freshener label in the bathroom, because I forgot my phone. Does that count?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ended up working out some numbers (from the comfort of my house) with another dealer that I contacted after the previous one didn't want to work with us on numbers.

Previous dealer also didn't like working numbers unless we were sitting in front of him. That said, because of all that he got to be the dealer who got to spend the time with us, while my daughter test drove several cars he had and made the decisions about what she wanted, but not the one to sell us anything. Apparently some folks don't seem to realize they are selling a commodity that can be purchased many other places.

Got everything worked out late this afternoon (via text, email, phone) with the new dealer who actually embraces working with customers from wherever they are and could actually work with me to get to an acceptable OTD price, so my daughter and I drove down to Columbus to finalize everything and pick up her car.

My daughter participated in the whole process top to bottom, signed along with me, etc and I think learned a thing or two, and actually reinforced my understanding of how practical she generally is.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Ended up working out some numbers (from the comfort of my house) with another dealer that I contacted after the previous one didn't want to work with us on numbers.

Previous dealer also didn't like working numbers unless we were sitting in front of him. That said, because of all that he got to be the dealer who got to spend the time with us, while my daughter test drove several cars he had and made the decisions about what she wanted, but not the one to sell us anything. Apparently some folks don't seem to realize they are selling a commodity that can be purchased many other places.

Got everything worked out late this afternoon (via text, email, phone) with the new dealer who actually embraces working with customers from wherever they are and could actually work with me to get to an acceptable OTD price, so my daughter and I drove down to Columbus to finalize everything and pick up her car.

My daughter participated in the whole process top to bottom, signed along with me, etc and I think learned a thing or two, and actually reinforced my understanding of how practical she generally is.
    Had a similar experience in town with a dealer who is the sole dealer for the brand my wife wanted. This was around 2007. Long story but made a couple of calls and ended up saving over $3k by making a day trip to Cincinnati (were we had diner with friends who lived there at that time).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just what we all need??

I can see negligent discharges increasing already. "Well, it said the chamber was empty".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom