The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Good evening all, Happy Monday
    Fun Range day with WT and Wizard as always. Also wanted to thank Zach for the amazing deal he gave me on some CZ mags.
    I also have some exciting news about the HBI trigger problem. So I am positive the problem is my gun. As I suspected the replacement trigger was encountering the same problem as shown by the ware mark.

View attachment 332568
    I believe this front insert piece to be the problematic part. Its hard to tell in the picture but there looks to be excess metal what wasn't fully taken off at the factory. This was still in spec for the stock trigger CZ made but not for this replacement.

View attachment 332570

I still need to email HBI my findings but I hope to potentially get this fixed without mailing it to them. Not that I'm an expert but I think it would just need to be grinded enough to relieve where its catching. I just don't have a great file for the job. Thanks for reading my posts about this and hopefully this might help someone in the future. This has been a pretty rewarding experience despite my frustrations.
    ummm ... did you shoot so much that you forget we have a Wizard with mad CZ skills? There's not a doubt in my mind that he can get this issue sorted out for you.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good evening all, Happy Monday
    Fun Range day with WT and Wizard as always. Also wanted to thank Zach for the amazing deal he gave me on some CZ mags.
    I also have some exciting news about the HBI trigger problem. So I am positive the problem is my gun. As I suspected the replacement trigger was encountering the same problem as shown by the ware mark.

View attachment 332568
    I believe this front insert piece to be the problematic part. Its hard to tell in the picture but there looks to be excess metal what wasn't fully taken off at the factory. This was still in spec for the stock trigger CZ made but not for this replacement.

View attachment 332570

I still need to email HBI my findings but I hope to potentially get this fixed without mailing it to them. Not that I'm an expert but I think it would just need to be grinded enough to relieve where its catching. I just don't have a great file for the job. Thanks for reading my posts about this and hopefully this might help someone in the future. This has been a pretty rewarding experience despite my frustrations.
    Excellent deduction my friend. I have small files you can use!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It’s well worth the $99.99 you charge.
    That reminds me of a postcard we got in the mail just today.
    It said I got a 94.58% discount ($149.00 for two years, regularly valued at $5400.00) at a Kokomo golf club, specifically “one of the nicest places to golf in Kokomo”.

It was just worded very strange. I mean, I totally believe that they might arguably have one of the nicest places in Kokomo to go golfing, don’t get me wrong.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well. . . . It's been a day. After I got the word this morning I could go home, (freight was slow), I got a frantic call from Barb that she'd let the kitchen sink run over again and the basement, including the 4 rifles in front of the bench, was semi drowned. So I swung past Bennetjh's place and picked up my repainted tailgate(lovely job, by the way) after reassuring Barb that she need not lose her mind. Everything was salvageable. Picked up a floor fan at Menards on the way past and sprinted for the house to help with clean up. A few pistol cases still drying and the floor fan is still undoing the basement damage. Loaded Barb up after we did all we could and went back down to Seymour to pick up my returned, tuned up, Benchmade Infidel from Acme sports and take Barb to lunch on the way back at Papa's Grill. Came home and grabbed a nap and rearranged the fan b4 Barb ran off to choir practice. Then we sat down and watched Benjamin Button for the first time. (I cried) And now it's one finger of Knob Creek rye as I wind down b4 one last move of the fan. I hope y'all had a fulfilling day.

Oh! And I had to set mousetraps in Barbs car. The kleenex box had been attacked.:woot::patriot:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Well. . . . It's been a day. After I got the word this morning I could go home, (freight was slow), I got a frantic call from Barb that she'd let the kitchen sink run over again and the basement, including the 4 rifles in front of the bench, was semi drowned...

A dehumidifier helps to remove the moisture that the fan evaporates.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well. . . . It's been a day. After I got the word this morning I could go home, (freight was slow), I got a frantic call from Barb that she'd let the kitchen sink run over again and the basement, including the 4 rifles in front of the bench, was semi drowned. So I swung past Bennetjh's place and picked up my repainted tailgate(lovely job, by the way) after reassuring Barb that she need not lose her mind. Everything was salvageable. Picked up a floor fan at Menards on the way past and sprinted for the house to help with clean up. A few pistol cases still drying and the floor fan is still undoing the basement damage. Loaded Barb up after we did all we could and went back down to Seymour to pick up my returned, tuned up, Benchmade Infidel from Acme sports and take Barb to lunch on the way back at Papa's Grill. Came home and grabbed a nap and rearranged the fan b4 Barb ran off to choir practice. Then we sat down and watched Benjamin Button for the first time. (I cried) And now it's one finger of Knob Creek rye as I wind down b4 one last move of the fan. I hope y'all had a fulfilling day.

Oh! And I had to set mousetraps in Barbs car. The kleenex box had been attacked.:woot::patriot:
    When you have a day. You sure have a day! WOW!

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Well. . . . It's been a day. After I got the word this morning I could go home, (freight was slow), I got a frantic call from Barb that she'd let the kitchen sink run over again and the basement, including the 4 rifles in front of the bench, was semi drowned. So I swung past Bennetjh's place and picked up my repainted tailgate(lovely job, by the way) after reassuring Barb that she need not lose her mind. Everything was salvageable. Picked up a floor fan at Menards on the way past and sprinted for the house to help with clean up. A few pistol cases still drying and the floor fan is still undoing the basement damage. Loaded Barb up after we did all we could and went back down to Seymour to pick up my returned, tuned up, Benchmade Infidel from Acme sports and take Barb to lunch on the way back at Papa's Grill. Came home and grabbed a nap andi rearranged the fan b4 Barb ran off to choir practice. Then we sat down and watched Benjamin Button for the first time. (I cried) And now it's one finger of Knob Creek rye as I wind down b4 one last move of the fan. I hope y'all had a fulfilling day.

Oh! And I had to set mousetraps in Barbs car. The kleenex box had been attacked.

Some guys have all the fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom