The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Ran out of techniques to get 40 grains of 3F BP in 45 Colt Starline cases reliably. You can get the powder in there, and even mash a 255 grain cast bullet on top of it, but getting it to chamber reliably in a variety of revolvers just isn't in the cards. Not sure how the guy on "all things black powder" does it unless his revolvers have looser throats. I shot up all the tests in the 1866 this morning which digested them without issue.

1866bp.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :woot:

mJpI6Ss.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Do you have a savage?

Savage and Anschutz had a collaboration. I have the Savage-Anschutz model 141, 64 action by Anschutz, stock by Savage. There were also cheaper Anschutz-Savages, made by Savage, exported to Germany and elsewhere. Sounds backwards, but that's my understanding.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nice, I’ll be curious to see what dot you put on it and why!

Holosun HS407A3, mostly because it'll do the trick and it's currently sitting in the closet gathering dust ;)

Congrats on snatching that up!

Thank you sir and to all others who have expressed congratulations or envy :cool:

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Good evening all, Happy Monday
    Fun Range day with WT and Wizard as always. Also wanted to thank Zach for the amazing deal he gave me on some CZ mags.
    I also have some exciting news about the HBI trigger problem. So I am positive the problem is my gun. As I suspected the replacement trigger was encountering the same problem as shown by the ware mark.

t2ware.jpg
    I believe this front insert piece to be the problematic part. Its hard to tell in the picture but there looks to be excess metal what wasn't fully taken off at the factory. This was still in spec for the stock trigger CZ made but not for this replacement.

problempart1.jpg

I still need to email HBI my findings but I hope to potentially get this fixed without mailing it to them. Not that I'm an expert but I think it would just need to be grinded enough to relieve where its catching. I just don't have a great file for the job. Thanks for reading my posts about this and hopefully this might help someone in the future. This has been a pretty rewarding experience despite my frustrations.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Holosun HS407A3, mostly because it'll do the trick and it's currently sitting in the closet gathering dust ;)

Thank you sir and to all others who have expressed congratulations or envy :cool:
    Nice score, i've been looking at these, the lack of a BUIS always threw me off but I see several manufacturers are now making plates with BUIS on them for these.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom