The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A buddy got me and some other guys a sliver of Coprolite a number of years ago. Around a quarter size, maybe a 1/4 in thick in a little box. I can't seem to find it right now. I know I put it in a safe place when I was cleaning up my desk a little while back.
    I hate it when I put something in a place I'm sure I'll find it.:n00b::facepalm:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @T-DOGG ... read your diagnosis in the Gunsmithing section ... question is would you have been able to figure out the problems without your super deep dive into that particular platform?

Maybe it's just the pictures, but I can't even see some of the burrs you found and determined to be the culprit. I'm absolutely amazed at your knowledge and understanding of that platform, and am certain that it will translate into a deeper understanding of how other pistols operate.

Wondering if an apprenticeship with the Wizard to learn all things CZ is in the not too distant future?

Keep up the good work!
    As much as I'd like to take credit for that diagnosis, 5-10 minutes of research found my answer on the 1911 Forum. It was not a failure I was familiar with, but there are over 20 years of threads on that forum related to the gun. So, to answer your question, yes I would have found it regardless. However, if it happens again, I will remember to inspect that area.

A little background on me. I used to fix cars for a living and troubleshooting was my main interest, especially drivability and electrical issues. And even if I didn't figure it out and someone else did, I still wanted to know what the failure was, and the repair made to correct it. Without getting into details, that is very much part of what I do for a living today, in a sense. I have to be able to comprehend a complaint, the ensuing diagnostic path, and ultimately the repair made to correct the complaint. I appreciate logical approaches to repairing complaints. Something I have learned over time is to use my resources, because chances are someone else has already encountered what I am dealing with (especially on a firearm design that's been around for over 100 years).

CZ internals are something I deep dove into years ago at the beginning of this group's formation. Not really my cup of tea anymore and I've forgotten some of it. The Wizard will have to mentor someone else in that area.

And most importantly, thank you for the continued compliments and praise!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... it would make a darn fine pendeant /necklace !

i-KmWd6Lf-X3.jpg

I always found a porkchop necklace got more critters to play with me. On the other hand, I didn't try a turd necklace.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    As much as I'd like to take credit for that diagnosis, 5-10 minutes of research found my answer on the 1911 Forum. It was not a failure I was familiar with, but there are over 20 years of threads on that forum related to the gun. So, to answer your question, yes I would have found it regardless. However, if it happens again, I will remember to inspect that area.

A little background on me. I used to fix cars for a living and troubleshooting was my main interest, especially drivability and electrical issues. And even if I didn't figure it out and someone else did, I still wanted to know what the failure was, and the repair made to correct it. Without getting into details, that is very much part of what I do for a living today, in a sense. I have to be able to comprehend a complaint, the ensuing diagnostic path, and ultimately the repair made to correct the complaint. I appreciate logical approaches to repairing complaints. Something I have learned over time is to use my resources, because chances are someone else has already encountered what I am dealing with (especially on a firearm design that's been around for over 100 years).

CZ internals are something I deep dove into years ago at the beginning of this group's formation. Not really my cup of tea anymore and I've forgotten some of it. The Wizard will have to mentor someone else in that area.

And most importantly, thank you for the continued compliments and praise!
    Troubleshooting seems to be a skill that is being lost. Teaching troubleshooting is also a skill that some people just don't have. Troubleshooting IT issues is what I do for a living. Though mechanical was always rough for me, electrical made more sense.

It used to be easy to teach troubleshooting by having young techs memorize the paper path in a Laser Printer. Once you understood that paper path, it was a metaphor for all troubleshooting. A to B to C to D.

I see to many young techs/devs/etc that can't troubleshoot issues.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Troubleshooting seems to be a skill that is being lost. Teaching troubleshooting is also a skill that some people just don't have. Troubleshooting IT issues is what I do for a living. Though mechanical was always rough for me, electrical made more sense.

It used to be easy to teach troubleshooting by having young techs memorize the paper path in a Laser Printer. Once you understood that paper path, it was a metaphor for all troubleshooting. A to B to C to D.

I see to many young techs/devs/etc that can't troubleshoot issues.
    Because the world has created parts replacers. And unfortunately when things are made cheaper and parts more available, it makes it easier to throw parts at it. Like throwing spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    A buddy got me and some other guys a sliver of Coprolite a number of years ago. Around a quarter size, maybe a 1/4 in thick in a little box. I can't seem to find it right now. I know I put it in a safe place when I was cleaning up my desk a little while back.

Don't lose your sh!t, bro !!! :D

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I always found a porkchop necklace got more critters to play with me. On the other hand, I didn't try a turd necklace.

Do we have a volunteer ? :cool:

Of course, all of you realize that any organic material has long-ago been replaced by minerals (complete fossilization) ..... after 150 million years, it doesn't even smell anymore ! :alright:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I find myself still working with people relative to chinesium parts. They have bad parts, china's answer is to send more parts until they get some good ones, but you can't expect them quickly. Finding a way to make the parts they have work and still meet delivery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom