Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A man after my own heart, I ordered the same grips in black. At least some one else gets it. I was lucky on the one I got as it has a good amount of the finish still on it and not to mention the free sand that came with it inside the frame.
    My 941F was an import I bought last year, it wasn't very expensive, but it shoots so nice. The trigger is all worked in, and I was doing quarter sized holes in paper at 10 yards. It might be my favorite gun to shoot right now.

I got it because I loved the look of it, and wanted another all metal gun. Then found out about the Cowboy Bebop angle after buying it. So how could I not go for those grips?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Gary, doddg, is a good dude and super easy to deal with. A bit wackey in how he likes to score his targets, but overall harmless and fun to be around. Be careful during your FTF meeting ... he does like to talk, but the time flies by as he is an engaging fellow.
    G. Dodd wears me out. Nice guy but, well, just can't be in the same sphere. Might be better after some exposure but I'm afraid it would be a waste of both our time.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Speaking of 1911's. I ordered an EGW long ejector for the Rem 1911 to address the abomination that's going on at the rear of this slide. I'll blend the slide and frame back there and then finish with a bead blast afterwards.

This picture makes it look better than what it is.

20230904_205759.jpg

Also had a heart to heart with the Tisas SS Carry .45 and explained that I just wasn't feeling the relationship. Instead of selling it, resulting in a bitter divorce, I decided to order the jig and mainspring housing to convert it to a bobtail grip. Leaning towards a Hi-Power cut on the front of the slide, effectively removing the front slide serrations and also doing some flat top work and maybe some other machining as well. I have a practice slide that I'll play around with first. Current grips and magwell will probably end up on a GSG 1911-22 once I get one.

20230904_205411.jpg

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    My 941F was an import I bought last year,
    It's a fun shooter and I'm pleased with mine overall, just want to shoot it more to get more familiar with it. I feel like I want to change the sights to something more visible but I'm not sure if I should force my self to stick with the black out sights on it. Also I'm curious, did you change anything out as far as recoil spring or extractor?

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Speaking of 1911's. I ordered an EGW long ejector for the Rem 1911 to address the abomination that's going on at the rear of this slide. I'll blend the slide and frame back there and then finish with a bead blast afterwards.

This picture makes it look better than what it is.

View attachment 297299

Also had a heart to heart with the Tisas SS Carry .45 and explained that I just wasn't feeling the relationship. Instead of selling it, resulting in a bitter divorce, I decided to order the jig and mainspring housing to convert it to a bobtail grip. Leaning towards a Hi-Power cut on the front of the slide, effectively removing the front slide serrations and also doing some flat top work and maybe some other machining as well. I have a practice slide that I'll play around with first. Current grips and magwell will probably end up on a GSG 1911-22 once I get one.

View attachment 297305
    That will be a really cool project!

Edit: Didn’t you date two Tisas’? What about the other one? Will she also be getting plastic metal surgery?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That will be a really cool project!

Edit: Didn’t you date two Tisas’? What about the other one? Will she also be getting plastic metal surgery?
    Oh, you mean Black Betty, the 9mm. She's most likely gonna stick with the stealthy look.

She's actually on the bench right now. Giving her breech face a polishing, drifted the rear sight a bit and polishing the guide rod on her too.

20230129_161933.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good Morning, all! Finally Friday. 6 days this week and next then vacation.
    I know you'll make the most of it and probably have a list of stuff to take care of while off. I'm looking at taking a vacation soon as well, sitting on 5 weeks of PTO. Wouldn't mind a week of metal art projects, gunsmithing and range time along with some bike rides.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    The fine grit is mixed throughout and new pieces are in the plastic container. I think I have up to 2500 or 3000 grit.

Do you find those little detailer sticks useful?
    I've never used detailer sticks, but I saw them on CMs work bench. To my way of thinking, if the mouse used them, they must work. Probably a good tool investment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom