Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Being a Dave Ramsey fan, I gotta encourage paying off the house. Just imagine removing all risk of foreclosure and being able to put an extra housepayment in investments every month. How fast could you get comfortable with that?
    Yep - pay off the house and continue to make rent payments to the government twice a year. :stickpoke:

You are never completely free....sigh....but paying and keeping the house paid off is a burden removed - no doubt. Nice to know if some catastrophic financial situation happens that "losing the house" is way down on the list of consequences.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Couldn't sleep in the middle of the night so swapped some springs and SRT parts into a used Sig P229 that I got recently. Not much change in pull weights but smoother and crisper. The gun already had about 3.5# and 8.5# trigger pull before and the Armory Craft springs brought it down about 1/2 a pound. Guess its not a CZ!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's still nice to have some remuneration as recognition of talent. 'Stead of just attaboys. If I wasn't concentrating so hard on the house, Superman would be mine already.

That's certainly true.

I've purchased very little of anything in recent times. My last firearm purchase was almost 2 years ago.
    If anything, I need to trim my possessions. Advancing age begins to give a person that mindset.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Good Morning Y’all!

We rented a cabin down south near Patoka Lake. Last night we visited with family down here. My Mom in Law came down with us and last night and she got to hold her new great grand baby.

The cabin is really nice secluded on the edge of the woods. Very serene. Sitting on the 2nd story deck with :coffee: watching the woods and the sun rise.

We’re planning to spend the day at my Brother in Law’s who lives close to the area and is member here. There shall be some GPT and fishing happening today!
    Like Patience said, you're getting down in my neck of the woods. Camp David is over by the Little Patoka boat ramp.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gray is the way!

I love the two tone look. Wanted to see how well I liked the tan. I like it, but the gray is nicer IMO. Now I have two P365 XL's for summer carry, one ported and one not. When it gets cooler and I will be wearing a cover garment, I'll switch back to the X Macro grip. Seems like it'll work out well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I love the two tone look. Wanted to see how well I liked the tan. I like it, but the gray is nicer IMO. Now I have two P365 XL's for summer carry, one ported and one not. When it gets cooler and I will be wearing a cover garment, I'll switch back to the X Macro grip. Seems like it'll work out well.
    Modularity - its the way of the future today.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Like Patience said, you're getting down in my neck of the woods. Camp David is over by the Little Patoka boat ramp.
    We’re by the SW corner of Patoka near HW164. My wife’s sister and family live just down the street in this area too. Beautiful area. Is your main residence down here or like a lake house or summer home you visit? Either way we’ll have to get together on a future visit!

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    We’re by the SW corner of Patoka near HW164. My wife’s sister and family live just down the street in this area too. Beautiful area. Is your main residence down here or like a lake house or summer home you visit? Either way we’ll have to get together on a future visit!
    Live in Palmyra, Camp David for hunting and fishing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's certainly true.

I've purchased very little of anything in recent times. My last firearm purchase was almost 2 years ago.
    If anything, I need to trim my possessions. Advancing age begins to give a person that mindset.

I passed on some wine making secondary fermenters to a friend today. My drinking days are likely over.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yep - pay off the house and continue to make rent payments to the government twice a year. :stickpoke:

You are never completely free....sigh....but paying and keeping the house paid off is a burden removed - no doubt. Nice to know if some catastrophic financial situation happens that "losing the house" is way down on the list of consequences.
    I payed cash for this place, then took a mortgage out after the fact, to replenish some cash and for the tax credits.

A mortgage isn’t a bad thing to have.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I payed cash for this place, then took a mortgage out after the fact, to replenish some cash and for the tax credits.

I can think of no good reason to pay the bank ever again. How much of a tax credit do you get in TX for paying the banker monthly on top of origination cost for the mortgage? It would have to be substantial to make it worth the headache.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Agree.

Lots of good reason to use a mortgage for financing, alternative investment opportunities, etc. etc. etc. Debt is not bad - unmanaged debt is bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom