Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And I should add, I guess most of the 4" & 4.25" guns from the OEMs are aluminum frame so that's something to consider as well, though of course, I could have Allen cut a gov't model sized gun down to 4.25" as I've seen some of his work doing that and it looks great.
    One of my favorite guns I've ever shot was a AllenM 10mm bobtail commander. It just spoke me, like directly to my soul or something.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of my favorite guns I've ever shot was a AllenM 10mm bobtail commander. It just spoke me, like directly to my soul or something.
    He's put a few commander sized guns in my hand at his shop. I haven't actually shot one yet though. I know he likes the 4.25" guns

How much recoil from a gun that size in 10mm?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    He's put a few commander sized guns in my hand at his shop. I haven't actually shot one yet though. I know he likes the 4.25" guns

How much recoil from a gun that size in 10mm?
    I’ll bet this can soak up the 10mm recoil!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I miss the old man. I understand him more now than I did while he was still here, weird how that works.
    It's like that with my dad, too. He's been gone for over 20 years and I'm now less than 10 years younger than he was when he passed. I see him much differently now than when we lost him. Oddly, I feel closer to him now than when he was still around.

CM is similar for me. I've been thinking about him a lot lately.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    And I should add, I guess most of the 4" & 4.25" guns from the OEMs are aluminum frame so that's something to consider as well, though of course, I could have Allen cut a gov't model sized gun down to 4.25" as I've seen some of his work doing that and it looks great.
    If you can find one, the DW A2 Commander is all steel.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ll bet this can soak up the 10mm recoil!

I'd just buy a 357 again and be done. I've had a few 357 decades ago, including a GP100.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    If you can find one, the DW A2 Commander is all steel.
    The DW Commander Classic has a forged stainless steel frame according to DW’s website. And there’s one in the classifieds! But it sounds like WebSnyper ruled out .45 already.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @mcapo The Mosin Crate has P38s. You know you want one and in a year you will be saying “I remember I could have gotten one of those dor under $600l”
    :cool:

I had planned on entering the lottery for one BUT now that you told everyone……

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The DW Commander Classic has a forged stainless steel frame according to DW’s website. And there’s one in the classifieds! But it sounds like WebSnyper ruled out .45 already.

It came home with me about 45 minutes ago. :D

20230831_183148.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So I went to my local indoor range (just a 5 minute drive) and spent some time with the P-07. Ran about 75 rnds of fmj (124gr) and then a couple mags with Gold Dot 124+P (still have about 300 rounds left from what CM sold me) and it ran it just fine. Switched to the Kadet and blasted a whole bunch of small holes in paper. Had a blast.

Then this thing happened. Walking by the used gun case saw a couple of S&W Victory‘s in the case, fondled and just meh. Then, tucked in amongst several plastic fantastics I saw this, fondled it and it felt really nice in the hand. Manager handed me a box of 22 and said “go ahead, try it out and if you want it I’ll knock another $25 off”.

So I am now the proud new owner of a TX22 competition.
    IMG_2731.jpegIMG_2733.jpeg
    This thing has like no recoil, accuracy was a little meh with Magtech 40gr and a dirty barrel. The dot is interesting and will be getting a torture test to see just what a $22 dot with red/green and 4 reticle choices can handle. As the mount is in the barrel and does not reciprocate the recoil felt by the dot is almost nothing.

Amazon product ASIN B00A36MKUO
    Needs a good cleaning and dot zero then will get a range report with decent ammo

Edit: There is a used Delta Point Pro in their case at an attractive price, may have to go back tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom