Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I was able to take perhaps my most favorite portrait of Annette.
    Like most of my living subjects, she doesn't like cameras.

3H4A2117%20copy-XL.jpg

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I know there is a knives subforum and I may wander in there, but what are folks that frequent this thread carrying for EDC blades? Anyone gotten into any auto/assisted opening knives. I haven't bought a new knife in decades since I used to frequent Smokey Mountain Knife Works when my parents lived nearby there. I'm still carrying a tanto tip Cold Steel Voyager foldable from decades ago.

I'll throw out a few quick things that have caught my eye recently, after I hear some thoughts. I'm not well versed in knives. I did reach out to Edged Tools and got some ideas recently.

Thoughts?
    I daily carry a Kershaw Leek and like it. It’s a smaller assisted opening knife. The way I carry for work required a smaller profile knife. The Benchmade Emissary was my top pick but it was $230 and I settled for the Kershaw Leek. It’s good, the assisted opening works well. I like the needle tip blade, it’s good for getting out splitters and opening boxes at work. Although the needle tip stays sharp It doesn’t hold its blade edge as well as I’d like but is more than acceptable for the price point. It’s definitely no Benchmade though. Knives are definitely one of those things “you get what you pay for”.

I’ve looked at the Barrage that MM mentioned and it’s a nice knife, just a bit bigger than I was looking for.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It’s the biggest knife I’ve ever carried daily. I wasn’t crazy about it at first, but it’s grown on me, obviously. It’s been close to 8-10 years now.
    Before that, I always carried a little Gerber. My baby stabbin’ knife.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom