• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpookyCat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2024
    NW Indy
    I stopped at a big truck stop yesterday to grab a subway and some chips, and ended up leaving with a renewed sense of disappointment in my fellow man…and a puppy.

As I was waiting to pay for my chips (subway doesn’t sell good chips anymore, but the snack shop at the truck stop still does) a truck driver came up the the counter in fromt of me trying to get the cashier’s attention.

He had a little dog with him, and said that it had been left alone in the dog walk area all morning.

The clerk was reluctant to take responsibility (I don’t blame her, she had a busy counter full of people to deal with), and the other customers were busy ignoring the driver’s pleas to help so they could pet the dog.

He locked eyes with me, handed me the dog, went out to his truck and got back on the road.

I took the little dog back out to the dog walk, sat down at the bench to eat my lunch, and waited to see if anyone came looking for the little dog.

After an hour I took the dog and left.

I don’t need another dog, but we have room in our home (and hearts) for one, so I loaded the little girl up in my truck and took a detour to the little local town’s vet.

The vet called the little pup a “blue heeler” and the vet tech called it a “cattle dog”, and they said she still had all her milk teeth…maybe 8-10 weeks old.

She’s the cutest little thing, super sweet. Slept between us in the bed and didn’t make a peep all night.

I can’t believe someone would just abandon a baby puppy like that. We have an appointment this Wednesday at my vet for a puppy check, and to get caught up on her shots.

We are calling her “Kirby” because she vacuums up every crumb in sight!!!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thank you for being such a good person. We live in the country and people from the cities dump their pets out here occasionally. It’s been worse lately. While people do indeed suck I think the economy and inflation play into it. Those living near poverty can’t afford to get their pets fixed. Not to mention have you seen the price of pet food and cat litter lately? Long story short we have more pets than we expected.

That pup is adorable.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    I will call her the 'Kirbster' for short... or 'Kirbs' or 'Kb'. :yesway:

God bless you and your family for saving her. The good lord placed her in your care!

As others said, please get her chipped.

You need to start an Instagram or YT for her called 'The adventures of Kirby the Blue Heeler'.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Males for $300 and $800? Wow. I just had my female GSP neutered this summer for less than $300.
    Well, he is a Brittany after all :D

The vet wanted to run blood tests for some reason before he cut, so I dunno.

I had an uncle that would neuter his males himself with a utility knife, so it shouldn’t be that hard to do.

Top Bottom