Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Busy, busy, busy here. Wife back to teaching, daughter getting ready to leave for college.
    Dear old dad checked on doing the 100k service at a Toyota dealer and an independent mechanic…..
    $1500 to $2000!?!?!?

I’ve worked on a lot of cars, but these newer ones just plain suck!!! You shouldn’t have to remove half the engine bay to change 4 spark plugs on a 1.8L 4 banger!!! I did it:
    1- PCV valve stuck where the sun don’t shine
    2 - Spark plugs, which allowed a lot of light to the
    Top of the engine….did help with the PCV
    3- Automatic Transmission Fluid
    4- 4 banger coolant
    5- “Flux capacitor” Hybrid Battery Coolant
    System
    6- Glorified motorcycle battery at $250….

Yea....my Jeep is 20k past due for its 100k. Want me to drop it off?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    He should’ve ran that the Air Strip Attack race in Marion today! There were a couple C8s there.

One of the guys has a Eray on order. It went from a 2024 delivery to undetermined. Anyway….he intends to take it straight to the strip. He also has a Demon that he ran in the Factory class Mopar sponsored (or however that worked) when they were new.

I was disappointed he’s not buying a Demon 170.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    One of the guys has a Eray on order. It went from a 2024 delivery to undetermined. Anyway….he intends to take it straight to the strip. He also has a Demon that he ran in the Factory class Mopar sponsored (or however that worked) when they were new.

That E-Ray and Demon 170… :wow:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My oldest son and I had a great time at the race today. We saw quite a few Lamborghinis, McLarens, Porches and Vipers, along with all the new American muscle on the market. Pretty much everything was highly modified for running top speed on a 1/2 mile drag strip.

The race day was cut short after a really bad crash. A 3,000 hp Viper lost traction and tumbled sideways and end over end at 200+ mph at the finish line. It’s likely he was going much faster but I don’t have a number. Fortunately he’s alive. Last I heard he was alert, responsive and in “good spirits” when Life Flight landed on the track. Prayers for him and his family are appreciated I’m sure.

Here’s a few pics of some of the cars

View attachment 292522
    View attachment 292528
    View attachment 292529
    I've been tempted to go on one of the Faster Rallys, but I can't afford it. So I go on cheaper ones, like IndyHood Rats.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

I really love the look of the C8s. They are so nice. I know a lot of people that think that just because I like Mustangs, I shouldn't like Chevrolets. Most of what I have owned are Chevrolets. I don't know that I will own another, but I would definitely own a Corvette.

Then again, I am not a fan of most of Fords lineup right now either.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I stopped by Badger Creek yesterday, I really need to stop stopping by that place. They of course put a Standard Manufacturing 1911 in my hand. If I had that money in my gun fund, it might have gone home with me.

I also saw the Standard Manufacturing Jackhammer. Standard does some really weird guns. I kind of like the Jackhammer, it is goofy and weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom