Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad to know I’m not the only ones with cats that rule the house and like to have breakfast around then. Sometimes if I’m lucky they will wait until closer to six

They normally just sit outside the door until I get up and don't bother me. Last night one of the cats decided she was going to stay on the bed when I turned out the light, instead of having me let her out. No problems until 4:45 when she decided I'd slept enough and should wake up to pet her.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Conversation with my 12 year old son last night:

Son: Dad, you need to make more money.
    Me: OK. Do you have any ideas?
    Son: Yeah. Get a job that pays more.
    Me: OK, like what?
    Son: like you should be one of those brain surgeons. You’re good at fixing stuff right? Fix brains. It pays a lot.
    Me: Being a surgeon requires 7-10 years of college plus more years of practice.
    Son: Oh….

…This kid really wants an iPhone. Also, in 10 years I might be a dentist.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Conversation with my 12 year old son last night:

Son: Dad, you need to make more money.
    Me: OK. Do you have any ideas?
    Son: Yeah. Get a job that pays more.
    Me: OK, like what?
    Son: like you should be one of those brain surgeons. You’re good at fixing stuff right? Fix brains. It pays a lot.
    Me: Being a surgeon requires 7-10 years of college plus more years of practice.
    Son: Oh….

…This kid really wants an iPhone. Also, in 10 years I might be a dentist.

Back in the old days (when I was a kid), a father would say to your son: "get a paper route, and save your money". :oldwise:

In today's world, there are no paper routes (are there ? .... I don't think so)

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Back in the old days (when I was a kid), a father would say to your son: "get a paper route, and save your money". :oldwise:

In today's world, there are no paper routes (are there ? .... I don't think so)
    I guess I’m “old school” because that was the talk. He mows for someone every week and makes a little. There are chores around here he can get paid for if chooses to do them (some chores are required and unpaid).

He’s actually pretty good at saving up if he really wants something. This last year he really got in to Air Jordan shoes and bought several pairs so I know he can do it. Now it’s a lesson of looking ahead and counting the costs and making a budget.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I guess I’m “old school” because that was the talk. He mows for someone every week and makes a little. There are chores around here he can get paid for if chooses to do them (some chores are required and unpaid).

He’s actually pretty good at saving up if he really wants something. This last year he really got in to Air Jordan shoes and bought several pairs so I know he can do it. Now it’s a lesson of looking ahead and counting the costs and making a budget.

Excellent ! :thumbsup: Both of our daughters started working after-school jobs in high school, and the lessons were invaluable.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Both of my sons worked factory jobs in aluminum casting and glass fabrication before moving on to their current jobs. I saw that as a good foundation for the future. Jobs like that pay pretty well for a youngster and teach them something about the world.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Both of my sons worked factory jobs in aluminum casting and glass fabrication before moving on to their current jobs. I saw that as a good foundation for the future. Jobs like that pay pretty well for a youngster and teach them something about the world.
    Making useful things gives one an appreciation of craftsmen that one might not have the understanding for otherwise.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Making the invite list for the FGE. 7 October is the date. Contact me by PM if you will be available and would like to attend. The list will be between 15 and 20 individuals/shooters. Well behaved spouses and children (spouses and well behaved children?) are welcome. Rules and vocabulary will be modified according to presence of polite company. As usual, I will provide the protein, and lunch will be potluck otherwise. Once the list is set we'll attempt to achieve a relatively balanced menu from all participants.
    PM me if you have questions.20230808_192050.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom