mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I appreciate the suggestion!

I had seen this here and in CZ forums, various places, so I'm limiting my dry fire to the de-cocked position, both to keep my spring-loaded snap cap in place and to avoid a "rack the slide after every shot" training scar.

I'm hoping the spring loaded snap-cap provides the same protection ???

My plan is to Laser Academy train the **** out of draw to first (de-cocked) DA shot... (maybe a little rap/second strike full DA from hammer down).

Plan is for all/almost all of the de-cocked DA first to SA second shot training to be live fire... not seeing a good way to train that other than live fire.

I have dryfired several and the benefits seems to slow after about 5k.

[mention]Benp [/mention] might have a more researched number? He took dry firing to another level!!!

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    For extended dryfire sessions, you might consider using an oring or earplug over the firing pin area where the hammer hits. This is to prevent damage to the firing pin roll pin, the firing pin hits it during dryfire. Just a thought.
    Do you know if that applies to all CZ hammer fired platforms? I have a Strikeman training system similar to the Laser Academy one SheepDog mentioned. Also, I figure the laser “cartridge” in place helps stop the fire pin similar to a snap cap but the back of it is soft rubber so I could be wrong on that.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Do you know if that applies to all CZ hammer fired platforms? I have a Strikeman training system similar to the Laser Academy one SheepDog mentioned. Also, I figure the laser “cartridge” in place helps stop the fire pin similar to a snap cap but the back of it is soft rubber so I could be wrong on that.
    If it has that roll pin in the slide. I think the Shadow and pre-B ones don't. Ones without a firing pin block, I believe.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I really can’t say much about this picture except in ten minutes “it” went from a rough 5 lbs 5 oz to a very short and crisp 2 lbs 14 oz (5 pull avg). Wish a SW M&P had half as good a reset.

Carry on. CZ

bd1ea1e5ae3790443b12cbbdf1bb4de1.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I really can’t say much about this picture except in ten minutes “it” went from a rough 5 lbs 5 oz to a very short and crisp 2 lbs 14 oz (5 pull avg). Wish a SW M&P had half as good a reset.

Carry on. CZ
    And if you had posted this earlier today, I could have added one to my brownells order and used the 10% off on it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Carry on. CZ

bd1ea1e5ae3790443b12cbbdf1bb4de1.jpg
    Does that trigger replace the striker spring as part of the upgrade? I tried a 4# spring in my G33 and got a single light strike in the first mag and went back to the stock spring.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Does that trigger replace the striker spring as part of the upgrade? I tried a 4# spring in my G33 and got a single light strike in the first mag and went back to the stock spring.

It does not. Uses a ingenious sear assembly and only replaces the factory trigger return spring. Not even a minus connector.

ab2a333f41bc43143fcd32466165ad8d.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom