THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye, have you seen those small airplane safety parachutes??? I have seen on the news that several of these have actually worked on engine failures.
    I've seen those, and they look like real life savers in some conditions like unrecoverable spins or bad engine failures. One was deployed not to long ago at Mt. Comfort, an airport I was based at for a while.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My instrument instructor was very demanding that students learn partial panel. He carried small covers in his pocket and gradually removed instruments during training.
    I remember one flight, tac had me pull breakers for all onboard avi. We had the student pilot rtb from myrtle beach and land at mcas new river near midnight with a black cockpit. His only reference was comms, runway/vector lights and sfd.

Also this was on a mv-22… so he still had to raise the nacelles by feel. The kid had maybe 20 hrs on the osprey before that night.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    View attachment 262804
    20230315_094945-jpg.262805

20230315_094937.jpg

Attachments

• 20230315_094945.jpg
      20230315_094945.jpg
      835.4 KB · Views: 59

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Well at least I get some turkey time in this year through patience0830's pictures. Haven't talked to the doc yet about what this surgery is going to do to my shooting high recoil guns.
    My experience with patients who have had a sternotomy is minimum 6 weeks restrictions from anything that may flex the sternum and no front seat auto riding (in case of accident airbags can really **** up a healing sternum), 3 months moderate activity restrictions and if the sternum is well healed resume normal pre-surgical activity. YMMV and every surgeon tweek to their own experiences.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My experience with patients who have had a sternotomy is minimum 6 weeks restrictions from anything that may flex the sternum and no front seat auto riding (in case of accident airbags can really **** up a healing sternum), 3 months moderate activity restrictions and if the sternum is well healed resume normal pre-surgical activity. YMMV and every surgeon tweek to their own experiences.

That's encouraging, thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom