THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Great afternoon fellas. Beautiful outside and is supposed to get better from here. I just seen my 1st hummingbird of the season, it definitely gets better from here :rockwoot:

It'll get much more colorful ! :alright:

IMG_2093-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OK, Benz buffs ..... is this something worthwhile, or should I run-away ?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

:popcorn:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It wouldn't be for me ..... my wife always wanted a convertible.
    Keep in mind that I don't work on cars !
    My opinion is biased by my ownership of German cars....even when impeccably maintained, parts age and those are expensive to replace - especially labor costs.

I would tread lightly and find a MB mechanic to really give you overview of the ownership costs of the vehicle.

Other than that, they are cool cars. I drove one once and it was kinda like a Miata on STEROIDS!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Decided to take a drive down to Honey Creek Tackle this afternoon. Intended to possibly pick up a new reel, but they are getting out of carrying my preferred baitcasting brand of reels (Lew's). Was initially excited when I saw the 35% off all Lew's reels until I saw they only had 3 and all were left handed.

Strolled back to the gun area and asked about if they had any SA-35's in stock... Which they did! One in the case and one in the back that was on hold for another customer. They had a great price on the one in the case (better than MSRP by a good bit). Apparently the one being held back which had just come in had a higher price as their distributor had increased prices but HCT to their credit didn't increase price on the one in the case (still new). And here's the kicker, I even offered them a bit less than it was tagged and they said good to go. Couldn't leave it there for the price I got it at, given what MSRP is on these now.

Score.

I'll get some pics here later.

Need to order some mags. Wasn't aware these shipped with one mag.

And then decide on some grips.

Anybody know if the front strap on these has enough meat to checker? Otherwise I may have to look at some of the Hogue wrap arounds (always liked thr look of the old style Pachmayr grips on the practical models).

Haven't bought a NIB gun in quite some time.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I saw this. I don't know anything about Benz's but 24 years old and German has me scared on maintenance costs. It's looks great in the pics. Back a few years ago, I was very close to picking up a BMW convert back when AllenM had one listed (even test drove it) again know nothing about them. Ended up buying a zero turn mower instead ;-).

I even sent the link of that Benz to my wife when she was out of town and asked if she thought that 24 year old would be a fitting mid life crisis purchase ;-)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I saw this. I don't know anything about Benz's but 24 years old and German has me scared on maintenance costs. It's looks great in the pics. Back a few years ago, I was very close to picking up a BMW convert back when AllenM had one listed (even test drove it) again know nothing about them. Ended up buying a zero turn mower instead ;-).

I even sent the link of that Benz to my wife when she was out of town and asked if she thought that 24 year old would be a fitting mid life crisis purchase ;-)

I'd be the first to admit that the age of the vehicle concerns me. But dang .... it sure looks sweet, and is less miles than any that age that I've seen online.
    When we first married (1980), my wife already owned this powder blue Mustang.
    She stepped down to an older 'beater' car, because we purchased our 1st house within 6 months ... and we had to be frugal.

I always felt a bit guilty about dumping the Mustang, as she loved it.
    (I kept the 6-cylinder Honda bike for another four years) ;)
    But heck .... a new Mustang convertible is like 40K+ !!!

i-83FMPGQ-M.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd be the first to admit that the age of the vehicle concerns me. But dang .... it sure looks sweet, and is less miles than any that age that I've seen online.
    When we first married (1980), my wife already owned this powder blue Mustang.
    She stepped down to an older 'beater' car, because we purchased our 1st house within 6 months ... and we had to be frugal.

I always felt a bit guilty about dumping the Mustang, as she loved it.
    (I kept the 6-cylinder Honda bike for another four years) ;)
    But heck .... a new Mustang convertible is like 40K+ !!!

i-83FMPGQ-M.jpg
    Nice.

I'd just be concerned with a super charged car of that age. I'm guessing if that super charger needs work, it's going to be crazy, but I have no basis of specific fact in this opinion.

And I agree, the pictures sure do impress on that Benz.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom