THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I guess what I drove through this morning was just the start of it.

View attachment 267910

My wife said Lebanon’s tornado sirens were going off around the same time.
    Not good.

The first line of storms just went through here. Just a typical spring storm - 10/20 mph winds and some rain.

More to come later but doesn't look too bad.

Y'all be safe down south....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning. I grew up in a state farther north, and when I was growing up they didn't cancel school for anything. We had tornado drills, we went to school when it was snowing.

I don't understand how these things are not still done today. It is because we are more litigious than prior times?
    Probably so, along with the ability to still collect $ from fed, and state even if there is no actual in session school in the building due to ability to do online learning days. Basically shift the care of the kid back to the parents for the day, still have kid responsible for remote work, and collect $$ fed and state dollars for the day without issue.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Completely random thought and looking for input from others.

What are some gun parts made out of metal that seem to be unobtainable or just way overpriced for what they are? I'm looking for some future projects and things I can make with my lathe and mill. Also, if someone has ideas of where to find practice material on the cheap, let me know. Steel, aluminum, brass.

*To clarify, I'm not looking to infringe on patents, only for personal use and practice work.

Thanks in advance.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

What are some gun parts made out of metal that seem to be unobtainable or just way overpriced for what they are? I'm looking for some future projects and things I can make with my lathe and mill. Also, if someone has ideas of where to find practice material on the cheap, let me know. Steel, aluminum, brass.

*To clarify, I'm not looking to infringe on patents, only for personal use and practice work.

Thanks in advance.
    Them oil catch things with 1/2x28 thread could be a good project

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Also, if someone has ideas of where to find practice material on the cheap, let me know. Steel, aluminum, brass.

Look for a fair sized scrapyard in your area that handles the scrap for several large industries.

Down here, that would be Kroots. Years back I went there and was able to look through several small piles/barrels of cut off ends of several metals and stock profiles and bought it by the pound. This was inside a building with low traffic. Of course, safety would prohibit them from allowing non-employees in most areas. Make a few calls and find your place.

Also look for metal suppliers that will sell you new stock by the foot.

Tool and Die suppliers will have precision ground stock in smaller sizes that are perfect for small things when you need to know exactly what metal you are using.

Good luck with the hunt.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Them oil catch things with 1/2x28 thread could be a good project
    My response below was filtered out by Ingo.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Thanks in advance.
    A 2011?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ugh. Just watched a YT video where the guy said they were starting to see slowdowns in ammo production again and retailers limiting the amount of ammo you can buy. Ordered another case just in case... ;)
    And their plan worked!
    Sold another case!

Truth be told, it’s been a while for me and I’m due. Want to spend some cash down at the new AE place.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Thinking about parting ways with my Vortex PST Gen II. It's a 2x10x32 EBR-4 MRAD with a 30 MM tube. Shoot me a PM if you are interested before I post it.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    This was a question that a 10 year old relative had on a test from school.

Explain the position of political liberals and political conservatives in modern America.
    His answer was: A liberal is someone who goes away from the founding fathers ideas. They think that the government is supposed to provide for people. Conservatives, however agree with the founding fathers. They think government should only protect and that people shouldn't get stuff without working for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Slowdowns or return to normal?

Dunno. Could be just a local thing to wherever the guy lives, but I felt it was prudent to order another case to play it safe. It's not like I won't shoot it ;)

And their plan worked!
    Sold another case!

Truth be told, it’s been a while for me and I’m due. Want to spend some cash down at the new AE place.

:thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom