88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Busy day today, but I think that there's time for pancakes first. The wife is hoping that we can finish the upstairs hallway today. It needs a layer of subflooring stripped, prepped and then hardwood flooring put down. Normally, it's easily a one day job, but I tend to be easily distracted. I also need to load some more .40 today. I've burned through my nomal loaded ammo stash in .40 testing the P07 and have more testing to do. If things work out well with the new mag, I'm going to try to run the lighter hammer spring again to see if that runs. At that point, if all is working well, I'm calling that done and just leaving the gun as is. It has the SRS, lightened springs elsewhere and .220 roller and feels good with the lighter hammer spring. Heck, it feels good as it is right now, but just a bit heavier in DA than I like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Busy day today, but I think that there's time for pancakes first. The wife is hoping that we can finish the upstairs hallway today. It needs a layer of subflooring stripped, prepped and then hardwood flooring put down. Normally, it's easily a one day job, but I tend to be easily distracted. I also need to load some more .40 today. I've burned through my nomal loaded ammo stash in .40 testing the P07 and have more testing to do. If things work out well with the new mag, I'm going to try to run the lighter hammer spring again to see if that runs. At that point, if all is working well, I'm calling that done and just leaving the gun as is. It has the SRS, lightened springs elsewhere and .220 roller and feels good with the lighter hammer spring. Heck, it feels good as it is right now, but just a bit heavier in DA than I like.

This has been a serious journey with that gun.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Crazy battery in the smoke detector decided to die at 4:30 am and the furnace stopped working with an error code. Got them both fixed for now but I hope the rest of the day is missing this excitement.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Cpl questions,, what gun show?
    Are u guys old..like older than baseball old?

effn pancakes! and no im not sayin good morning. geezus

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Cpl questions,, what gun show?
    Are u guys old..like older than baseball old?

effn pancakes! and no im not sayin good morning. geezus
    Ft.Wayne and Lafayette both have shows this weekend.
    Yes and yes.
    What you do with your breakfast foods in the privacy of your own home is none of my business.
    ...and a surly good morning to you, sir.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This has been a serious journey with that gun.

It can be very frustrating when you get one that just doesn't want to play along.

This has been a challenge. The only gun that rivals this one for difficulties was my PPK/S. That one took a bit of work to get it to feed properly and had almost 500 rounds down the pipe before I'd trust it. This one is heading towards 600 and still has the occasional FTF. I'm planning on running a fast 100 rounds through the new mag with fully loaded mags to see if the fresh mag springs make the final difference. I'm really hoping they do. I had a G19 that would not feed 3 consecutive rounds when new, but once north of the 150 round mark, it was perfect. My 40P had issues that took about 250 rounds to diagnose, but has been perfect through hundreds of rounds after the new guide rod was installed. This gun should be fundamentally sound and I'm sure that the issues are related to spring rates. It's just a PITA because there is still not much aftermarket support for these pistols.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom