Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It is amazing how much my P-01 improved with dry firing it over and over. As you well know, watch out for that firing pin retaining pin getting all kinds of jacked up even if you use an o-ring. I'm thinking of just putting one of those foam ear plugs in there instead. It should cushion the hammer more.

The last two times I sat and dry fired that's what I used was foam ear plugs. It quiets down the gun too, which matters for me because I was dry firing while the family was sleeping.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is amazing how much my P-01 improved with dry firing it over and over. As you well know, watch out for that firing pin retaining pin getting all kinds of jacked up even if you use an o-ring. I'm thinking of just putting one of those foam ear plugs in there instead. It should cushion the hammer more.
    I swapped out that pin before I started dry firing it. I learned my lesson, it only took me two broken guns to figure that one out.... I use orings.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So significant dry fire causes damage?
    The stock firing pin retaining pin gets hammered and caves in on itself. Eventually causing failure. The stock trigger return spring breaks without warning. The first one broke on me at less than 100 rounds with maybe 1000 dry fire, second lasted much longer. Now I just replace them as soon as I get a new CZ. If you protect the firing pin with an o ring or ear plug, that will slow the process.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    The stock firing pin retaining pin gets hammered and caves in on itself. Eventually causing failure. The stock trigger return spring breaks without warning. The first one broke on me at less than 100 rounds with maybe 1000 dry fire, second lasted much longer. Now I just replace them as soon as I get a new CZ. If you protect the firing pin with an o ring or ear plug, that will slow the process.

Good to know. Any particular o ring that is recommended?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here is my personal example.

This was my old P09, went to CM then to BA and now back to CM. I had less than 100 rounds through this when the trigger spring broke, since that was my first CZ and the CZickness was in its first iteration, I took it back the shop and they sent it back to CZ. I got it back, took it to the range and "click".... I would have figured they'd have test fired it.... Those prices of the pin prevented it from firing. Somewhere in there I broke it again, that's when I decided to fully cajunize it. Never had an issue after that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom