• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh no........no worries man. I do not think you would knowingly sell me something with out disclosing everything.
    Hell I was feeling terrible for both of ya. Had I known there was an issue, it would have made a trip to mouse and I might not have even sold it....

Glad you got it figured out and I can't wait to see it again.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning again everyone! I did the range trip with 5 guns, but only shot three of them. The DW CCO, P07/40 and G21 got run a bit this morning. The CCO was perfect as usual as was the G**** gun. I'm pulling the G21 off of the chopping block now. I don't know why, but that thing was really nice to shoot today. Sure, it's not 1911 nice, but it ran well and was accurate under rapid fire. The CCO is a fantastic gun, but I think I need to shoot it more. I noticed that as I increased the rate of fire, I started to drop more shots than with the big G gun.

The P07 was interesting. I ran another 70 rounds through it. The changes today were that I went back to the factory hammer spring as well as stretching the spring on one of the mags. I got through 44 rounds before encountering the first FTF. That was on the non-stretched spring mag. Then, on round 61, I had another FTF but with the mag that had the stretched spring. The mag that did not have a stretched spring had 3 failures to lock the slide back as well and the stretched spring mag locked the slide back prematurely once.

Right now, I'm thinking that T-Dogg was right in suggesting stronger mag springs. Problem is, I have not seen anyone that offers stronger mag springs for the P07. I've not looked that hard yet though. I did notice that one of the rounds that jammed had a ding on the side of the projectile that looks like it could have been cause by contact with the slide release. I think that what's happening is that the gun is somewhat undersprung and that when the slide comes back hard against the stop, it's causing the bullet to move and contact the slide stop. Sometimes it rebounds with no issue, but other times it rebounds into the front lip of the magazine causing an FTF. With weak mag springs, there's not enough pressure to control the bullet under the recoil impulse. The stronger hammer spring helps to slow the slide down and improves the issue, but the gun is still in need of a stronger recoil spring. CGW offers 15# and 18# recoil springs and I have an 18# with guide rod right now. I read that the factory spring is 20#, so I was running that today but am wondering if it really is a 20# spring. I need to build a spring rate gauge to see exactly what my springs are running. Someday I'll get around doing that, but it won't happen just yet.
    The issues you're having reminded me of the Rami I had. It wouldn't feed worth a crap with the extended mags, specifically hollow points. The 10rd flush fit was fine, 14rd extended or any of the fullsize mags would cause the round to nose dive bad. It ended up coming down to a un-scientific comparison of how much pressure was on the follower from the mag spring, the factory 10rd has significantly more pressure than the others. I ordered some wolff extra power mags springs (I think +10 or 15%) and problem was fixed. I posted all that stuff on here while I was trying to sort it out. Hope that helps, maybe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You kept the sights on it right? What else did you change that could have affected it? Obviously it got a bushing.

I put a .003 over barrel pin/slide lock in it and re-fit the barrel into full lock up.
    I put a hand fit barrel bushing in it.
    I used the bore laser and squared the sights. I learned you have to bury the front dot into the rear site.
    All EGW ignition controls fit/polished. 3.7 lbs. on the trigger.

I was a bit tight at 1st from the Ceracoat. After 6 Mags or so it was running pretty well.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just came home with a seriously sweet 10mm bobbed commander 1911 and I am stoked.
    I am gonna need more 10mm ammo......and mags.
    I had a serious hard on for that gun. I think I mentioned buying something like it about oh say 100 times to Rusty. Congrats ya big jerk. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom