Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thank you my friends! I had a speech prepared but our cat Ziva stole it:ugh:

Losey, do you really have a Cat Ziva? Please tell me her nickname is CZ.

Hey, I took a look at one of the SP01 Compacts this afternoon. I'll have to build up some funds first and maybe sell something, but one will probably follow me home one of these days. It's an interesting pistol. It's built like a tank, has no front or rear grip serrations and has low profile ambi-safeties. The trigger felt pretty darn good for a stock CZ. I have an all steel 75B compact that has about 4k rounds through it and it feels buttery smooth. I imagine this will be the same once it's been run a bunch. I'm not crazy about the low profile safeties as my biggest complaint with CZ safeties is that they are not big enough. Conversely, it has an extended mag release. The safety is not a huge issue as I carry at the half cock notch anyway. The finish was different than I'm used to with the black polycoat. Normally, it's a satin black and on the OD P01 I have, it's a semi-gloss. This one was a matte black. Overall, the gun had a very business like look and feel to it. The grips are rubber and it had the standard P01 14 round magazines. Like all of the CZ compacts, it felt very well balanced in the hand.

Another gun they had there was the Cold War edition 75B. I've never really looked at one of those until today, but kind of found it to be pretty cool. It has the pre-B trigger guard and the bulk of the rollmarks are in Russian. It also had an early type spur hammer. The red star would have to disappear but other than that, it was interesting.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning Tom.
    I've bought plenty of stuff the past few weeks and yet find myself perusing the internet for more.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am the same as you guys... I keep telling myself I am done for awhile, but I started a little project recently where I wanted to get slings all on the long guns. I thought I only needed one more which I was ok with waiting on till after the holidays, until I remembered that the old 1897 needs one too. And now I have this 300 blackout upper coming which I had planned on just using on one of my existing lowers, but the thought of having an upper laying around without a lower is bugging me...

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Over 500 accidents Friday night into Saturday morning. Roads were terrible. Some people waiting 10+ hours in their cars on the roads. That's crazy. Makes me feel better about all of the extra stuff I have in both of our vehicles to deal with extended periods of time out in the snow. I stayed the night downtown last night and just got home. Roads seemed alright. I went slow, but didn't notice any terrible slippery spots.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Over 500 accidents Friday night into Saturday morning. Roads were terrible. Some people waiting 10+ hours in their cars on the roads. That's crazy. Makes me feel better about all of the extra stuff I have in both of our vehicles to deal with extended periods of time out in the snow. I stayed the night downtown last night and just got home. Roads seemed alright. I went slow, but didn't notice any terrible slippery spots.

Where were you driving, if you don't mine my asking? The wife is supposed to go to work in Martinsville later and is concerned about the road conditions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom