• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Howdy gentlemen. Was just reading rob63's post on American Civil War long guns. Now I'm jonesin.

I would so like to have some actual guns from the Civil War. I am very much fascinated with it in terms of historical importance. My grandfather has a couple of swords, one USA and one CSA that will eventually be mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would so like to have some actual guns from the Civil War. I am very much fascinated with it in terms of historical importance. My grandfather has a couple of swords, one USA and one CSA that will eventually be mine.

Having owned several WWII/Korea pieces and lost them to the "X" I have never again picked up on this.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have to settle for replicas at this time. My only right now, Pietta 1851 Navy Colt in the correct .36 caliber. CM will recall this one got me yelled at during the first CZickness shoot. :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was talking to Rusty about finding a post from last year around this time discussing what my collection was at the time and what I was aspiring to do in 2016. Well I found my posts from 12/28/2015 & 12/29/2015, so let's see how that played out. This was from the CZickness IV thread.

So here is my lineup that I will be starting 2016 with. We'll see how long it stays this way. With me you never know.

Rifles:
    - M1A Socom 16" .308 *GONE, currently replaced with M&P10 308
    - Ruger AR556 16" 5.56 w/Vortex Spitfire 1X Prism Scope *Still have, optic is on Momma's AR Pistol now.
    - AR 10.5" 5.56 Pistol (Spikes lower / Anderson upper) w/Vortex Sparc II Red dot (This is Momma's battle rifle and she will put your eye out at 50yds all day long with it) *Still have, has the Spitfire optic now.
    - S&W M&P15-22 16" .22LR w/Ruger flip up sights *Still have, this is daughter's rifle now.
    - Henry Youth .22 lever action (shoots long rifle, long, and short 22's) *GONE, did not replace it.

Handguns:
    - S.A. Loaded SS 1911 .45acp *GONE, then tuned up by a 1911 loving maniac and then traded to a crazy CZ loving sailor. I replaced it with a G**** 30, lol.
    - Sig P320 Compact 9mm (my EDC) *GONE, replaced with my favorite handgun of all time, a P-01.
    - Glock 26 Gen 4 (Momma's range toy, but I rock it sometimes) *GONE, did not replace, but a Rami BD will someday.
    - S&W M&P Shield 9mm (Momma's EDC) *GONE, replaced with a G**** 42.
    - H&R .22 Revolver (This was my Dad's) It's worth way more than all the others in this picture, he used to wear it an old Western style holster when we went shooting together. He was a big kid who loved to have fun. I still have the holster. The gun needs some loving to be a good shooter again, but I don't anyone who would fix it up for me (the cylinder seems overly sloppy to me and I was getting some debris hitting my safety glasses last time I shot it, timing might be off?) *Still have, rarely comes out of the safe, but showed it to Rusty yesterday. Need to make a solo range trip with this for old times sake.

"If" there was a future CZ purchase by me it would be either a 97BD or an SP01 Tactical in 9mm. Those are the only two models I still lust over.
    *I made the SP01 tactical happen and still have/love it. I tried a regular 97B manual safety and never fell in love.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Man, DOGG..... I'll have to go back through and remember all what I got rid of and acquired this year. My New Years resolution was no new guns, lots of ammo and some training. I didn't do any of that.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man, DOGG..... I'll have to go back through and remember all what I got rid of and acquired this year. My New Years resolution was no new guns, lots of ammo and some training. I didn't do any of that.....

I have lost track.
    Next year will be different. Seriously.
    What I now own has all been modified/tweaked to levels I am comfortable with. Not much I can do beyond what I have in the safe.
    Ammo maybe. I am fair in that area.

I want to get my S/S done. Take the kids out for a drive with the lid down. Do some idiot burn outs.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    It is always interesting to go down memory lane to see what plans came to reality and what ended in the dumpster. I am on a one gun a year plan. Right now it is a CZ 75 pre B surplus (not A). I don't see as many of these on gunbroker so I hope I haven't missed my opportunity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is always interesting to go down memory lane to see what plans came to reality and what ended in the dumpster. I am on a one gun a year plan. Right now it is a CZ 75 pre B surplus (not A). I don't see as many of these on gunbroker so I hope I haven't missed my opportunity.

Plans are good when we are making them.
    They are usually formulated around existing wants/needs/budgets.
    As those situations change our plans evolve with them.

And then there is the.....OOooooo, shiny.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I once had a plan and some very good self control. I was awesome at not spending money. Even after getting involved with this group at first I was fine. It was when I started hanging out with that damn DOGG. That's when things started changing....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning fella's! :coffee:

I used to be into Bersa's. A Thunder9 Compact was my first 9mm pistol. From there, I owned a series of the 380 Thunders and then the 9 high cap version. My son bought a Bersa in 45 and I eventually bought that off of him. They are all gone now except for a Firestorm 22. I never had any issues with the 9s or 45. The 9 compact could be sensitive to limp wristed shooting but that's about it. My only big issue was that you could not disassemble one without a box full of slave pins and a ton of patience in putting them back together.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, last year was a very busy year for me in gun buying. The plan was supposed to be the opposite. I think I recall saying something about this time last year as having no real needs or wants for new guns other than maybe someday adding a stainless 75B to the family. It did not turn out quite like that. I ended up adding the stainless 75B, then bought a G30. That was followed by the transitional 75, Rusty's K2 and the P01. Then BA got me hooked on the poly CZs and I picked up his tuned P09 in .40 and P07 in 9mm. Those were followed by a P09 in 9 and a P07 in .40. To cap the year, I picked up a Colt 9mm 1911 yesterday but handed it off to the wife and told her to give it to me for Christmas.

To fund all of that, I sold my Ed Brown, RIA Compact, 930 SPX and G27. But, 2017 will be different for me. It has to be different for me. I can see myself letting a few things go to fund other, non-gun projects. If the P07/40 continues to run well, I may let the old G23 go, but those really don't command a price now days. I may pick up a P10 when they come in but I'll have to hold one first hand to be sure. If 2017 works out as planned, I should see no growth to the family but should see growth in the quality of what I have as I continue to Cajunize the bunch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    88 I am looking at 2017 differently as well. I have to. There are a few things I need to get done.
    The only way anything will come into my possession is if something leaves.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    88 I am looking at 2017 differently as well. I have to. There are a few things I need to get done.
    The only way anything will come into my possession is if something leaves.

I seem to recall saying something similar about myself last year. The thing is, I have to do that this next year. I recently paid off my gun credit card and am not willing to run it up again. I really enjoy the project side of the collection and I have several that could use attention, so that's what my focus should be.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only thing I must be focusing on this next year is tooling up for gunsmith work. I enjoy doing it and need to the proper tooling to do so.

I should have all the parts to make my marauder the way I want today, will have to make a trip to see Travis to get that stuff changed over, then head out to the range and see if it will function.

Just went boot shopping with Santa. Got my first pair of Red Wings. My feet and back are thankful.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am now on the "if it's cool and I like while having money at the same time it's coming home with me" plan. Don't care what it is.

I'm with Rusty. Once we get the Christmas bills paid down, I hope to have enough saved up that I can pick up something if I want it. Doesn't matter what it is. I'd also like to make sure I get some work done on my current guns. Last year I did get one training class in and I'm hoping for at least that this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom