indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Um, excuse me.

196 posts since there was an example of why we are all here....... (at least me).

464_1000.jpg.cf.jpg

I'll take it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Haven't seen the vid, but I've heard from those that did that some golfer was being harassed by some leftist so he humorously shouted white power to drive them nuts.
    Does that makes it ok? Does that make it ok for Trump to tweet it? If so, why delete it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does that makes it ok? Does that make it ok for Trump to tweet it? If so, why delete it?

The dude yelling "white power" at the crowd isn't a matter of "okay" or not, if it's in the context of trolling a crowd of delusional leftists. It's more a matter of wise or not. I would say it's unwise. I don't think it's okay in any context for the POTUS to tweet or retweet (not sure which it was) that video. He had a very good opportunity to cash in on all the crazy stuff Democrats are saying and doing these days. Months ago we were talking about #walkaway. That's not happening like it was. If anything they're walking back because Trump keeps doing stupid **** like this. This is an unforced error. Trump may have seen this as just trolling crowd, but too many people don't get that nuance. To most people it supports the claim that Trump is a White Nationalist.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Discussing modern politics in a non-INGO place...

I posited that I haven't experienced a major political strife outside of current events.

Others opined that this isn't just the US, but across the entire west. Every country is getting this divisive.

Another person said this is the long-overdue political realignment... Democrats fully committed to identity politics, not the party of union workers anymore... still have some labor unions in their pocket, but it's no longer the lynchpin of the party...

White working class moving republican...

INGO - What's your opinion? What's the outcome of this current political event?

Like... there's basically a notion that you wind up with parties each moving to get about 50% of the population in the US; or in other words, it's impossible for a party to sustainably put together a majority coalition because some group will always be alienated and the party out of power will find a way to expand their coalitions. Like the mirror to the Median Voter Theorem

I mean, the Democratic party coalition is 80-90% of blacks, 70%+ non-Cubano Hispanics, 55-60% white women, LGBT activists, whatever loyalists in the labor unions remain, and whoever they can sucker in with SJW bull****, they think that is sufficient to produce a majority.

Mathematically they're likely going to be right, there's a reason they're celebrating the Great Replacement

Labour's starting to fracture because you can't pander to jews and muslim immigrants at the same time

Then there's the UK feminism being so TERFy while US feminism isn't... there's probably a really fascinating history of that breakdown somewhere, but anyone who dares to write it will be Super Ultra Mega Cancelled

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Discussing modern politics in a non-INGO place...

I posited that I haven't experienced a major political strife outside of current events.

Others opined that this isn't just the US, but across the entire west. Every country is getting this divisive.

Another person said this is the long-overdue political realignment... Democrats fully committed to identity politics, not the party of union workers anymore... still have some labor unions in their pocket, but it's no longer the lynchpin of the party...

White working class moving republican...

INGO - What's your opinion? What's the outcome of this current political event?

Like... there's basically a notion that you wind up with parties each moving to get about 50% of the population in the US; or in other words, it's impossible for a party to sustainably put together a majority coalition because some group will always be alienated and the party out of power will find a way to expand their coalitions. Like the mirror to the Median Voter Theorem

I mean, the Democratic party coalition is 80-90% of blacks, 70%+ non-Cubano Hispanics, 55-60% white women, LGBT activists, whatever loyalists in the labor unions remain, and whoever they can sucker in with SJW bull****, they think that is sufficient to produce a majority.

Mathematically they're likely going to be right, there's a reason they're celebrating the Great Replacement

Labour's starting to fracture because you can't pander to jews and muslim immigrants at the same time

Then there's the UK feminism being so TERFy while US feminism isn't... there's probably a really fascinating history of that breakdown somewhere, but anyone who dares to write it will be Super Ultra Mega Cancelled

A problem I see for sane people, all the **** happening seems to have swayed the median voter to the insane side. People are siding with the underdog and the left has done a fair job in recent months of making this a position of you're either a moral person and side with us, or you're an immoral racist and you side with them. All of media is dominated by the worldview that democrats are good republicans are bad. Personally I think they're both bad in their own ways. But right now Democrats aren't just bad, they're insane. And when I see that insanity infect people I've long respected in my own personal life, and if I extrapolate that out across all the people who are like them, it's ****ing scary. People have said that this wokeness is like a religion, but this is more like a cult. It's also like a virus that infects people. Even moderate to conservative people, and not just the left wing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I could see that - the idea that the Western world is getting more fractured. The de-centralization of information gathering allows more people to connect and identify with each other, and allows communities a "voice."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I could see that - the idea that the Western world is getting more fractured. The de-centralization of information gathering allows more people to connect and identify with each other, and allows communities a "voice."

It sure has allowed a certain dangerous point of view to flourish. It's probably sped up the revolution 100 years.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My son observed that at no time in history has a small minority of opinion had the ability to be magnified to such an extreme as today. You have to ask if the new democrat party represents a working majority or if it's all just an electronic illusion. I use that term working majority because so few real people vote and so many imaginary ones do. We'll just have to see what the results of the election are, but I'm betting it will be like 1968 with a slim republican win.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, it is more difficult to find a "silent majority." Rather, there's a collection of raucous coalitions in each election.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Presidents shouldn't necessarily get credit for or be charged for economic results of the market.

However, they pretty much have always been.

Presidents shouldn't be responsible for a virus....unless his words and actions cause more suffering or ignore the consequences of misplaced opinions.

Trump will not win this election unless Biden fails in some major way. It's over at this point.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Presidents shouldn't necessarily get credit for or be charged for economic results of the market.
    I have agreed with that since GHWB. :)

However, they pretty much have always been.
    And that. :/

Presidents shouldn't be responsible for a virus....unless his words and actions cause more suffering or ignore the consequences of misplaced opinions.

Trump will not win this election unless Biden fails in some major way. It's over at this point.

Wow. I think its way to early too say that, and would actually hedge the other direction. This is still Trump's election to lose. And, he may be doing that, but Biden can't keep up this wallflower routine much longer. There will be debates in which Trump's improv will cause him to say terrible things, but they will make good soundbites. And Biden can't keep up with that anymore.

T'will be interesting, for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom