The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For the INGO lawyer contingent (real or imagined). ...

Trump Jr has a meeting with Russians, for what we now know was to dig up dirt on Clinton. It was originally told to us, falsely, as a meeting about Russian adoptions. A statement was drafted, which presented the idea that the meeting was about adoptions, supposedly written by Trump Jr. We know know that was also false, and that the statement was dictated by the president.

What is "Consciousness of Guilt," and can it relate, in any way, to the above?

My friend, this is the court of public opinion.

Most people - Trump supporters and dissenters - figured POTUS was involved in the statement anyway (to the extent they even cared). So, this isn't really news.

The cover up is almost always a bigger problem than the malfeasance. This seems like a big "meh" though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For the INGO lawyer contingent (real or imagined). ...

Trump Jr has a meeting with Russians, for what we now know was to dig up dirt on Clinton. It was originally told to us, falsely, as a meeting about Russian adoptions. A statement was drafted, which presented the idea that the meeting was about adoptions, supposedly written by Trump Jr. We know know that was also false, and that the statement was dictated by the president.

What is "Consciousness of Guilt," and can it relate, in any way, to the above?

Meh.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did sleep with one last night.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My friend, this is the court of public opinion.

Most people - Trump supporters and dissenters - figured POTUS was involved in the statement anyway (to the extent they even cared). So, this isn't really news.

The cover up is almost always a bigger problem than the malfeasance. This seems like a big "meh" though.

That the hitch, isn't it? Is it not news because it's not not noteworthy that the president's son conspired with the Russians, in this instance, to potentially receive information damaging to the Clinton campaign, or is it not news because, we have already been acclimated to lies that we are repeated told.. from the President, his family, His press secretary, his lawyers, and friends?

Anyways, back to the consciousness of guilt thing. Keeping in mind this stuff was revealed after the election, is it not indicative (at least to some), that Trump at least believed that his son's meeting with the Russians, was improper (maybe illegal), hence why they lied about it? I mean, if they believed the meeting was totally on the up and up, why was there a reason to repeatedly lie about it?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My understanding was that the Don Jr. meeting in Trump tower was originally to discuss dirt about Hillary (something every campaign tries to do, and normally not considered illegal - it's called opposition research), and then during the meeting, it became obvious that the people who set up the meeting were more interested in talking about adoption matters, and that Don Jr. left the meeting, realizing he'd been brought there under misleading circumstances. I havn't researched it, but that was my initial impression, way back when it first came out. Am I wrong?

I don't believe it's illegal to conduct opposition research, no matter who the other party is; could be Russian, French, American. What am I missing?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My understanding was that the Don Jr. meeting in Trump tower was originally to discuss dirt about Hillary (something every campaign tries to do, and normally not considered illegal - it's called opposition research), and then during the meeting, it became obvious that the people who set up the meeting were more interested in talking about adoption matters, and that Don Jr. left the meeting, realizing he'd been brought there under misleading circumstances. I havn't researched it, but that was my initial impression, way back when it first came out. Am I wrong?

So begs the question why lie about it repeatedly?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I don't believe it's illegal to conduct opposition research, no matter who the other party is; could be Russian, French, American. What am I missing?

You are right. He was lured there so they could talk about the adoption thing so there were no lies - that is what the meeting was about. Simple.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So begs the question why lie about it repeatedly?
    There are a bunch of potential reasons, not the least of which was the concerted effort being made by the outgoing administration/DNC to attempt to delegitimize the election because "Russia". Or, it could be because people act in accord with their nature.

Im with Tlex on this, it is a bunch of meh. What if Hillary's people had met with some Russian contact to find out if Trump's campaign was colluding with the Russian government?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

British. Don't forget British

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That the hitch, isn't it? Is it not news because it's not not noteworthy that the president's son conspired with the Russians, in this instance, to potentially receive information damaging to the Clinton campaign, or is it not news because, we have already been acclimated to lies that we are repeated told.. from the President, his family, His press secretary, his lawyers, and friends?

Anyways, back to the consciousness of guilt thing. Keeping in mind this stuff was revealed after the election, is it not indicative (at least to some), that Trump at least believed that his son's meeting with the Russians, was improper (maybe illegal), hence why they lied about it? I mean, if they believed the meeting was totally on the up and up, why was there a reason to repeatedly lie about it?

Maybe the just talked about "golf and grandchildren"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There are a bunch of potential reasons, not the least of which was the concerted effort being made by the outgoing administration/DNC to attempt to delegitimize the election because "Russia". Or, it could be because people act in accord with their nature.

Im with Tlex on this, it is a bunch of meh. What if Hillary's people had met with some Russian contact to find out if Trump's campaign was colluding with the Russian government?

I'm betting the INGO collective would've have seen that as a "meh" too. /purple

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    9f0257473193c20c9c4c9a45bcc02c51_L.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Really? I assumed they did, or if they didn’t it was only out of laziness or incompetence.

Seriously, You think that John Podesta and/or the Obama administration didn’t have contacts with the Russians about the Trump campaign?
    Actually, strike all that. We know that they did that exact thing. A firm was hired to use intelligence contacts to make contact with Russian Government officials to do opposition research on Trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, strike all that. We know that they did that exact thing. A firm was hired to use intelligence contacts to make contact with Russian Government officials to do opposition research on Trump.

And you're saying conservatives were "meh" about it? By the way, which instance are you speaking about?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom