The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Thread title is misleading, there's not enough Selma Hayek in this thread. :twocents:

IKR? Watched a little bit of Desperado on Saturday. That is prime Salma.:drool:

75f90b4f1dd1988be0e9f80dba78cdfa.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A press that can put on something so one-sided is a press that has lost its objectivity.

Yes, the liberal swamp has completely polluted the press and turned it into a propaganda machine. And they are working hard on the judicial system. The Kalifornistan judicial system is almost completely politicized already. These are very tough times for the United States of America.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, the liberal swamp has completely polluted the press and turned it into a propaganda machine. And they are working hard on the judicial system. The Kalifornistan judicial system is almost completely politicized already. These are very tough times for the United States of America.

When Trump states these facts about the MSM and the NRA holds them accountable the leftists screamers cry out and call us Brown shirts/NAZI's etc when in fact it is they who are marching in lock step to the Goose stepping.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county

The problem with all sides of the media is that it is being run as a business to turn a profit rather than inform. Back in the days of Cronkite, media wasn’t set up to turn a profit from advertising. Just like anything else, when money gets involved, things often go sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just a thought that occurred to me while I was working in the yard this evening; political commentators like to say that the Republican Party lost its way and some of its mainstream appeal when it more closely aligned itself with religious conservatives. Are we seeing the same pattern here as the Democrat Party adopts more and more social justice causes?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think the democratic party lost its way a little bit when they aligned themselves very closely with insane protesters. That might attract the fringe but it turns off mainstream.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just a thought that occurred to me while I was working in the yard this evening; political commentators like to say that the Republican Party lost its way and some of its mainstream appeal when it more closely aligned itself with religious conservatives. Are we seeing the same pattern here as the Democrat Party adopts more and more social justice causes?

In a word: yes.

Boutique cause celebre's have resulted in many of us long-time democrats wondering whether the Overton window has shifted us into RINO's. Not true conservatives, but clearly incensed with the direction of the party and it's historic values.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In a word: yes.

Boutique cause celebre's have resulted in many of us long-time democrats wondering whether the Overton window has shifted us into RINO's. Not true conservatives, but clearly incensed with the direction of the party and it's historic values.

I think in terms of what the Democratic Party has morphed into from what it was, kinda shows the difference between liberals and progressives. The so called “intellectual dark web” refers to today’s progressives as illiberal. And I think it looks an awful lot like a religion. You hear Nancy Pelosi talk about immigration and she uses a lot of language that sounds akin to religion zealotry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So much for Carrier. I feel sorry for those guys who bought into the idea that a businessman would look out for their interests rather than the interests of other businessmen.

In total, the company will be laying off more than five hundred employees as it moves manufacturing jobs to Monterrey, Mexico. Many of those employees voted for Donald Trump, who made saving Carrier’s “big, beautiful plant” one of his most repeated campaign promises.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...-to-be-laid-off-feel-betrayed-by-donald-trump

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Harold Bornstein, who was Donald Trump's personal doctor for decades, acknowledges that his over-the-top statement about Trump's health in 2015 was not written by him — but by the then-presidential candidate.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mp-dictated-glowing-rump-doctor-sa/572038002/

Are we shocked by this?

Here's the original letter:
    [FONT=&amp]To Whom My Concern:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I have been the personal physician of Mr Donald J. Trump since 1980. His previous physician was my father, Dr Jacob Bornstein. Over the past 39 years, I am pleased to report that Mr Trump has had no significant medical problems. Mr Trump has had a recent complete medical examination that showed only positive results. Actually, his blood pressure, 110/65, and laboratory test results were astonishingly excellent.

Over the past twelve months, he has lost at least fifteen pounds, Mr Trump takes 81 mg of aspirin daily and a low dose of a statin. His PSA test score is 0.15 (very low). His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary.

Mr Trump has suffered no form of cancer, has never had a hip, knee or shoulder replacement or any other orthopaedic surgery. His only surgery was an appendectomy at age ten. His cardiovascular status is excellent. He has no history of ever using alcohol or tobacco products.
    If elected, Mr Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Harold N Bornstein, MD, FACG[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY[/FONT]

Lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Welcome to :ingo:

Government should not be picking winners and losers. There's criticism to be made when it does. And when it does attempt to pick winners and losers, and FAILS to keep up its end of the bargain, the there's even MORE criticism to be had, as it's engaged in something it should not have in the first place, and it's failure is evidence of why it should not have ever happened. That's completely consistent.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Marco Rubio weighs in on the tax cuts.

“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” the Florida senator told the economist in a recent interview. “In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-on-the-gop-tax-cuts/?utm_term=.6da0bd0c1439

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rubio was apparently thinking of Apple Inc, who has opened the floodgates at the bank, in the tune to $100B. ONE HUNDRED BILLION buyback from investors.

Apple Inc lavished cash on its shareholders like no company in history in the first three months of the year and it intends to keep doing so, making the iPhone maker’s investors the clearest winners yet from last year’s sweeping U.S. corporate tax cuts.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...cuts-into-record-share-buybacks-idUSKBN1I300U

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom