The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unjust, how? Unjust is telling a person who has worked 20+ years that if they violate policy, they lose their pension (without it expressedly mentioned before hiring - which is still ridiculous). Given that just about every government worker I know has violated policy at some point or another, it with certainly be a great way to keep the budget down... let a guy work for 20 years, and right when he's about to retire, remind him about the policy violation he had back during his 5th year, and say "sorry, but you're not going to get a pension."

Emulate the military, force him to retire at a (much) lower pay grade

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    These violations would fully justify termination if uncovered while he still worked there and far less egregious security violations have in fact cost others their career and pensions. It is indeed an injustice and an example of the two-tiered justice system.

This wasn't a random or unknowing violation at a random point of his career. These violations were in the final years of his career and intentional- when he was at the highest level of responsibility of the entire organization. These were also the years that had the largest impact on the size of his pension.

Can you give me an example? Someone who has already reached the point where they would collect a pension, violates policy (not law), is fired, and loses their pension?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A ship's Captain who runs aground or is relieved for other cause (as happened recently on vessels involved in collisions while underway)

They don't lose the whole thing, just the right to retire at the rank they formerly held

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But how’s he gonna find a good personal assistant who can make a good mocha frappe and not leak to the press?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He could have a reality show where people compete to become his personal assistant.

Nah.

That'd never work.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump's Personal Assistant Abruptly Steps Down After The President Learned She Was Leaking Information To The Media

Nuking hurricanes was bait.

I don't know if this is splitting hairs, but the assistant is a 28 year who (as it seems) bought in to the president's administration. According to the sources I've read, she was simply talking about the first family, "off the record," at a dinner. I think she wasn't intending to leak anything, and her naivety got the best of her. Her profile was too low, for the media to respect an "off the record" request. I kinda feel sorry for the lass, her political career is over before it really even got started.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I read that, too, though, about her socializing with the reporters in a way that was expected to be off the record. The problem is that, even if she's just jaw jacking with them, if she mentions something juicy, all they have to do is promise anonymity to another source to confirm, then they can run with the "story."

I wouldn't worry about her too much. It'll be a 7 figure book deal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump's Personal Assistant Abruptly Steps Down After The President Learned She Was Leaking Information To The Media

Nuking hurricanes was bait.

Bait for what? The president said he never said anything about nuking hurricanes. How could that be bait if he never said it? I think we all know that if it was designed set-up, the president would be on twitter gloating about how smart he is flushing out the leaker.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't know if this is splitting hairs, but the assistant is a 28 year who (as it seems) bought in to the president's administration. According to the sources I've read, she was simply talking about the first family, "off the record," at a dinner. I think she wasn't intending to leak anything, and her naivety got the best of her. Her profile was too low, for the media to respect an "off the record" request. I kinda feel sorry for the lass, her political career is over before it really even got started.
    28 is old enough to know better. If she was honestly "naive" her, then she does not belong in politics anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom