The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, it's the other way around, racism is a subset of prejudice. All racism is prejudice, but not all prejudice is racist. Thinking solely based on skin color, while a component, isn't completely indicate of racism. For instance, saying "I don't like black people," isn't technically racist. Saying "I don't like black people because they are dumber than white people" is. It's nuanced, but that is the difference.

Gotta go with Kut on this one. Racist is a proper subset of prejudiced

Someone saying "I don't like black people" or "I don't like deplorables" has written off people based on shallow external characteristics, they don't acknowledge the individual may not conform to their pre-judgement were they to take the time to get to know them

Someone saying "I don't like black people because they are inferior and are polluting the white race by miscegenation" is racist, he considers his own race to be superior to that of the other

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Gotta go with Kut on this one. Racist is a proper subset of prejudiced

Someone saying "I don't like black people" or "I don't like deplorables" has written off people based on shallow external characteristics, they don't acknowledge the individual may not conform to their pre-judgement were they to take the time to get to know them

Someone saying "I don't like black people because they are inferior and are polluting the white race by miscegenation" is racist, he considers his own race to be superior to that of the other

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    No, it's the other way around, racism is a subset of prejudice. All racism is prejudice, but not all prejudice is racist. Thinking solely based on skin color, while a component, isn't completely indicate of racism. For instance, saying "I don't like black people," isn't technically racist. Saying "I don't like black people because they are dumber than white people" is. It's nuanced, but that is the difference.

Yes, racial prejudice is a subset of prejudice. I totally agree and I think that is trivially apparent. But that is not and never was the point. Kut said "All racism is prejudice". I'm pretty sure he meant to say all racism is racial prejudice but whatever.
    I said racism includes racial prejudice but is more than just racial prejudice which is a different point. There are others who say that as well and say it better than I.
    https://www.elitedaily.com/life/racism-prejudice-understanding/1363914
    https://www.scarymommy.com/racism-different-than-prejudice/
    Racism Defined - dRworksBook

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Well, when you go full blast to volume ten EVERY time, what do you then do? Go to volume eleven.

Well, if 10 doesn't convince 'em, I'm sure 11 will do the trick.

[video=youtube;4xgx4k83zzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, racial prejudice is a subset of prejudice. I totally agree and I think that is trivially apparent. But that is not and never was the point. Kut said "All racism is prejudice". I'm pretty sure he meant to say all racism is racial prejudice but whatever.
    I said racism includes racial prejudice but is more than just racial prejudice which is a different point. There are others who say that as well and say it better than I.
    https://www.elitedaily.com/life/racism-prejudice-understanding/1363914
    https://www.scarymommy.com/racism-different-than-prejudice/
    Racism Defined - dRworksBook

Oh, now those links contain some extremely retarded nonsense. It’s what you say when you’re called out for being racists, so you redefine racism so that it cannot be applied to you. Yes. There are black racists. Racism has nothing to do with power. Critical race theory is mostly bull****.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    dammit trump

EACFiXlWkAUOo3f

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh, now those links contain some extremely retarded nonsense. It’s what you say when you’re called out for being racists, so you redefine racism so that it cannot be applied to you. Yes. There are black racists. Racism has nothing to do with power. Critical race theory is mostly bull****.

A friend of mine would say - "Yes, but how do you really feel about it?" It probably doesn't work well in text but the way he delivers it is hilarious.

Anyhow I am going to stop reading about it. Too hard to sift through the semantics and contradictions and I tend to fall for too much of the BS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    *News flash* Trump’s presidency causing Democrats and the MSM to have explosive diarrhea.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Exhibit A:

How deep this rabbit hole goes is anyone’s guess. It’s doubtful Comey was doing this of his own accord and likely would have had co-conspirators in their mission to bring down an entire presidency from the inside. Rest assured that this investigation is going to turn up a lot more in the future.

Exhibit B:

Morse-300.jpg

Shame on You GP. That's not news. It isn't even a half-assed rumor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom