The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    56922849_10216850894338502_5967830416109862912_n.jpg

[h=1]Qanta Ahmed: Ilhan Omar is a disgrace to Islam and doesn’t represent my Muslim religion[/h]
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/qan...islam-and-doesnt-represent-my-muslim-religion

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Part of Donald Trump's genius is his ability to show people for who they really are...

Glenn Greenwald: "Donald Trump Broke The Brains Of A Lot Of People"
    I think that in a lot of ways Donald Trump broke the brains of a lot of people, particularly people in the media who believe that telling lies, inventing conspiracy theories, being journalistically reckless, it's all justified to stop this unparalleled menace, and that's a good thing for an activist to think and a really bad thing for a journalist to think.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Activism isn't immoral per se. It is a tool that can be used for good or ill. We would generally support pro-gun activists.

However, journalists should deliver well-researched and objective (as much as possible) info for others to make decisions on. Unfortunately, they have been presenting opinion (which belongs under a "commentary" label), spin and outright lies as news. That is immoral.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The NY Times discovers that the Steele dossier was highly dubious and shouldn't have been used as a major part of the request for a FISA warrant just two days *after* Trump was cleared of Russian election collusion. Where the **** have they been for the last 2+ years??!?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The NY Times discovers that the Steele dossier was highly dubious and shouldn't have been used as a major part of the request for a FISA warrant just two days *after* Trump was cleared of Russian election collusion. Where the **** have they been for the last 2+ years??!?

This quote from the article is ****ing hilarious:

Another possibility — one that Mr. Steele has not ruled out — could be Russian disinformation. That would mean that in addition to carrying out an effective attack on the Clinton campaign, Russian spymasters hedged their bets and placed a few land mines under Mr. Trump’s presidency as well.

Well, no **** Sherlock... it only took the geniuses at NYT and Steele 2 1/2 years to conclude that might be a "possibility". Jebezuz.... ****ing morons!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Activism isn't immoral per se. It is a tool that can be used for good or ill. We would generally support pro-gun activists.

However, journalists should deliver well-researched and objective (as much as possible) info for others to make decisions on. Unfortunately, they have been presenting opinion (which belongs under a "commentary" label), spin and outright lies as news. That is immoral.

Well, there is some unpacking of my statement required. I would not support pro-gun activists in the way that I define activism. Activism is an attempt to push the will of the people far beyond what they are willing, to get the social policies the activists want. At least that's what Activism has come to mean in the postmodern world.

I support advocacy, but not activism. I fully support assembling around the state house to advocate for gun rights, for example. Or writing to representatives and executives. I don't support employing "Alinsky" type tactics to win political victories. I would not support dishonestly exploiting a crisis to mob-shame legislators into passing pro-gun laws. An advocate can be active or passive. But activism is immoral.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom